Time to move on. - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 03-07-2019, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Sometimes I feel like I should just give up and get myself a nice MT-07.
Last summer I actually bought an MT07. After a couple of weeks my wife said to me "you don't need two motorbikes, isn't it time you put the old one up for sale?"
I went outside, looked back and forth from the MT07 to the CBR then went in and advertised the Yamaha.
Maybe I'd been watching too many Jake The Garden Snake videos on Youtube?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 03-07-2019, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radha21 View Post
Congratulations and hiope you are having fun on the highway with the R3. Must be a blast =)
I wish I was. Work, family, rubbish weather and a time consuming mountain bike habit mean motorcycle time has been very limited recently.
I will get a long trip or two in over the summer.
post #13 of 16 Old 03-08-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Last summer I actually bought an MT07. After a couple of weeks my wife said to me "you don't need two motorbikes, isn't it time you put the old one up for sale?"
I went outside, looked back and forth from the MT07 to the CBR then went in and advertised the Yamaha.
Maybe I'd been watching too many Jake The Garden Snake videos on Youtube?
I hear you, Keith. 8 years now on my CBR250R and I still congratulate myself after every ride for picking such a champ of a bike. I'm still looking for a bike that can top the reliability, great ergonomics and outstanding value that this little package has.
It sure makes "upgrading" a lot more difficult than it should be.

post #14 of 16 Old 03-08-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I hear you, Keith. 8 years now on my CBR250R and I still congratulate myself after every ride for picking such a champ of a bike. I'm still looking for a bike that can top the reliability, great ergonomics and outstanding value that this little package has.
This.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
post #15 of 16 Old 03-14-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
I agree. The bike has been so nice to me as well if gives no reason to get rid of it other than I want faster ride.
post #16 of 16 Old 03-26-2019, 10:38 PM

I sold my 2013 CBR250R ABS. I really enjoyed that bike. It's light and fun.

In its place I now have a 2013 Ninja 1000 ABS and a 2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1600 ABS.

The Ninja is a really fun bike with lots of power in every gear. The riding position is sport-touring, not super bike. One thing I learned very fast is that I had gained some very bad habits riding the CBR250. I was always cranking the throttle wide open and up/down shifting like crazy. You just don't ride like that on a liter bike, it's like a rocket. You'll be going 100 MPH in a flash. Gotta handle it nice and easy.

The Thunderbird looks and sounds great. The original owner had outfitted it beautifully. It's extremely comfortable and the 1600 CC engine has very good power. It handles really well considering the thing weighs nearly 800 pounds. I must admit it still scares me a bit riding it. I guess I'm afraid to lay it down and wreck the beautiful paint and chrome. And who knows if I will be able to pick it back up.

It's weird switching between them, I keep putting my feet in the wrong place, and the handling difference is pretty big. I like them both a lot though, for different reasons. I'm feeling a bit snug in the garage though so I may sell the Ninja. Or maybe I should sell the lawn tractor, it's less fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ninja.jpg (310.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpeg Thunderbird.JPEG (40.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg CBR250R.jpg (394.1 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page