California Express Lane Transponder - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-22-2013, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Nde

California Express Lane Transponder

Anyone that lives in Southern California or even North California that owns one of those Express Lane Transponder? We now need a transponder to get into the carpool line (110 and 10 fwy). No exceptions.

I just got mine today, Metro suggest to place the big square thingy on the windshield. It looks like a white tumor sticking out of my windshield. I was wondering if anyone can share where they place theirs? A photo would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

Update. Let me add a picture on how big this looks.

Last edited by Nde; 02-22-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-23-2013, 02:34 AM

Re: California Express Lane Transponder

Where does it say that we need the transponder? I live in San Diego and car pool lanes all are motorcycle approved. The only time I need the transponder is if I'm going on the full toll road, in which i usually have it in my backpack.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 4 Old 02-23-2013, 05:51 AM

Garage
Motorcycles can use all the California freeway Fastrak express lanes for free without a transponder.

Motorcycles no longer need FasTrak transponders to use ExpressLanes | Metro's The Source

Bikes: 2011 Honda CBR250RA, 2013 Triumph Daytona 675R

One persistent mistake I see riders make when trying to ride faster: Using too much lean, too late in the corner, well after the apex of a turn. This is precisely where you want to be on the gas not increasing lean. Remedy: use reference points for tip in and use a strong countersteer input to quickly flick the bike to max lean at tip in
Add lean angle or power, never both
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
= highside
Remember practice makes permanent
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old 02-23-2013, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Nde

Thanks for the link. The express lane went live today and at the same time, they stated no transponder is needed anymore. I guess enough rider complaint about it.

At the moment, it is 110 and 10fwy. Once they see the money Ca can make, I'm pretty sure it will be everywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page