2012 CBR250R For Sale in Santa Fe, New Mexico - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 03-03-2018, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,643 Times in 1,938 Posts
2012 CBR250R For Sale in Santa Fe, New Mexico

Exceptionally clean 2012 CBR250R Tri-Color, with 13,800 one owner miles.

Expertly serviced per Honda's recommended maintenance schedule, including Valve Clearance Inspections @ 600 & 9000 miles. Full synthetic 10w-40 oil & filter changes @ 600, 4000, 8000, & 12,000 mile intervals. New OEM air filter @ 12,000 miles. New front & rear IRC RoadWinner tires installed @ 9000 miles.

Also has a 13T front sprocket, with a Speedo DRD installed and calibrated. Also Honda carbon fiber tank protector.

This bike has never been dropped, with all original bodywork in undamaged condition.

Price with the FMF Apex Carbon Fiber slip-on as shown here - $2800.00 USD

Price without the FMF slip-on (stock muffler re-installed) - $2650.00 USD

Send me a PM if interested, or for more details.

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0101.jpg (311.7 KB, 76 views)

Former Factory Test Rider/Technician

Last edited by MotoMike; 03-14-2018 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Additional info/pricing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-03-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
I'm planning to sell my 2012 CBR250R prior to moving...
That's almost shocking to hear.

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-03-2018, 04:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
MotoMike had said that he was not comfortable riding streets and roads. I suspect that the bike has had limited mileage the past year or two.

It only takes one close call to make you wonder why you are riding amongst those cars.
MotoMike and Schroeder like this.

John: '09CRF230L (Li'l Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Propelled by Penguin Power
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster
1st bike: a gently used 1958 Matchless 250 thumper

post #4 of 11 Old 03-03-2018, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonder View Post
MotoMike had said that he was not comfortable riding streets and roads. I suspect that the bike has had limited mileage the past year or two.

It only takes one close call to make you wonder why you are riding amongst those cars.
John pretty well summed it up. It's true that over the past two years I didn't ride the CBR very often, definitely nowhere near as much as I did in the first four years (2012 - 2015) of owning the bike. Honestly, I just don't enjoy riding on public roads & streets anymore. These past couple years I've been spending nearly all of my available riding time on my XR400R up in the National Forest.
Schroeder likes this.

Last edited by MotoMike; 03-04-2018 at 10:18 AM.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-04-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
John pretty well summed it up. It's true that over the past two years I didn't ride the CBR very often, definitely nowhere near as much as I did in the first four years (2012 - 2015) of owning the bike. Honestly, I just don't enjoy riding on public roads & streets anymore. These past couple years I've been been spending nearly all of my available riding time on my XR400R up in the National Forest.
OK, I forgive you.

Seriously though I can understand that decision. It's the reason why I stick to back roads with little traffic (especially other motorcycle traffic as I consider these guys to be far more of a danger to me than the cars...but that's just my personal experience ymmv).
Anyway I hope you'll stay on this board.
MotoMike likes this.

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?

post #6 of 11 Old 03-04-2018, 04:39 PM

I'm extremely lucky in that I moved to a very rural area in Central Massachusetts that has terrific roads for riding with very low traffic volume. Some weekend days I can ride for hours and it's just me and the cows, an occasional easily-passed tractor and a few antique hunters in Buicks. It's the Massachusetts equivalent of "flyover country" and the few higher-volume roads that pass through are easily avoided.
So is that it for road riding for you, Mike? Off-road only and no thoughts of maintaining a road bike at all?
post #7 of 11 Old 03-04-2018, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
... So is that it for road riding for you, Mike? Off-road only and no thoughts of maintaining a road bike at all?
Pretty much... although I do still have my '94 XR650L Dual Sport. But yeah, I seriously doubt I'd get another street/road only bike. A big part of the reason is that we're moving to a new place in southwestern Colorado next month. It's located up at 9000 ft. and is literally surrounded by the San Juan National Forest. Needless to say I'm beyond excited to be able to ride my XR400R (and my snowmobile) right from my property and onto forest roads & trails... that's been a dream of mine for a long time.

Who knows, if I don't find a buyer for the CBR this spring, maybe I'll look into trading it in on a CRF250 Rally... street legal Dual Sports have their advantages over off-road only bikes.
TrueFaith and Aphrodite like this.

Last edited by MotoMike; 03-05-2018 at 10:15 AM.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-04-2018, 07:40 PM

Sounds nice.
Good luck with the move and enjoy your new "playground"!
MotoMike likes this.
post #9 of 11 Old 03-05-2018, 06:14 AM

Garage
Good luck with the move Mike. Living in such a crowded part of the world I'm highly jealous of the space and freedom to roam you're going to have. I live close to the edge of a national park (the New Forest) but motorised off-roading is strictly forbidden and even the legit mountain bike trails are very limited and tame. Some years ago I even got pulled off one of the open plains for playing with a power kite and mountain board.
post #10 of 11 Old 03-15-2018, 01:08 AM

Mike,
Best of luck with your future plans, hope all turns out well for you. Ride safe and happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page