Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 06-03-2015, 12:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You son of a biscuit!!!

I'm not a fan of nonconstructive criticism. I don't find it a problem here as much, but hopped on a cafe racer site (was looking to get some insight and see if it would be a fun project to take on) and everyone just shot me down saying that it wasn't safe and that I should just get a stock bike that I love and call it a day. I'm not sure half of them read my post. I had a few people assuming that I didn't even know how to operate a motorcycle. Pretty much I don't like [email protected]**s.

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all."
post #33 of 36 Old 06-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EYVoom View Post
You son of a biscuit!!!

I'm not a fan of nonconstructive criticism. I don't find it a problem here as much, but hopped on a cafe racer site (was looking to get some insight and see if it would be a fun project to take on) and everyone just shot me down saying that it wasn't safe and that I should just get a stock bike that I love and call it a day. I'm not sure half of them read my post. I had a few people assuming that I didn't even know how to operate a motorcycle. Pretty much I don't like [email protected]**s.
What kind of project was it that you were proposing?

For what it's worth, we do get the occasional 'half baked' ideas pop up on this site as well, and quite often the reply posts from experienced members will be blunt and to the point... particularly when what is being proposed is seen as unsafe or ill advised. After all, these are street legal motorcycles, and not some homemade go-kart intended to just tear around with out in the back forty.

One such thread here was the guy who came up with the makeshift foot stirrups out of pieces of rope... sort of a poor man's highway pegs (on a sport bike no less ). Needless to say that idea was not well received at all by those of us not keen on the idea of having feet tangled up in the event of the bike going down.

post #34 of 36 Old 06-04-2015, 11:01 AM

Garage
Quote:
Hey everyone. I'm looking to start a build next summer. I was hoping to poke around a get some direction, and figure out some of the pitfalls associated with building a cafe racer.

I'm looking forward to meeting and interacting with everyone.
That's pretty much all I said. I talked about wanting something that foremost ran well and was safe and if I could, looked good. I wasn't even going in to any type of bike or design in the thread. All I asked was if anyone had any advice on starting points or had any pitfalls to look out for. Besides, if I did do one, it would be more of a rebuild with cosmetic changes only if I can.

I remember that guy. Was he using PVC on the end of the rope? I was pretty new to riding when that came up, and knew right away that it was not such a good idea.

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all."
post #35 of 36 Old 06-05-2015, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
That's pretty much all I said. I talked about wanting something that foremost ran well and was safe and if I could, looked good. I wasn't even going in to any type of bike or design in the thread. All I asked was if anyone had any advice on starting points or had any pitfalls to look out for. Besides, if I did do one, it would be more of a rebuild with cosmetic changes only if I can.

I remember that guy. Was he using PVC on the end of the rope? I was pretty new to riding when that came up, and knew right away that it was not such a good idea.
This is one of my favorite pages I found when I was thinking of building one: Nisky Garage - Home
It's the story of two H.S. shop classes competing in two builds.

This is what I was wanting to build:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(no affilliation)

Last edited by don'tpanic; 06-05-2015 at 05:16 AM.
post #36 of 36 Old 06-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,941 Posts
Quote:

I'm curious to see the replies you got on that site... can you post a link to your thread?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page