Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/)
-   Off Topic Discussion (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Pet Forum Peeves (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/off-topic-discussion/42530-pet-forum-peeves.html)

don'tpanic 09-02-2014 07:26 AM

Pet Forum Peeves

I wish people would learn to rotate their pictures before posting them to the forum. They care enough to paint/modify their bike. Don't they care enough to make the picture look nice when showing it off?

Also, brake/break - learn the difference!

I wish I had grown up in the 90's so I wouldn't care.

Joeboo 09-02-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by don'tpanic (Post 452146)
I wish people would learn to rotate their pictures before posting them to the forum. They care enough to paint/modify their bike. Don't they care enough to make the picture look nice when showing it off?

Also, brake/break - learn the difference!

I wish I had grown up in the 90's so I wouldn't care.

Seriously you read my mind.

Aufitt 09-02-2014 08:35 AM

How do I brake in my breaks? there not gd enuf cuz ppl drive faster hear than wear anyone else lives.
:p

Schroeder 09-02-2014 02:02 PM

Guys, not everyone here is a native English speaker. So please cut those of us a little slack or I'll start testing how good you are at foreign languages.;)

pooder7 09-02-2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aufitt (Post 452178)
How do I brake in my breaks? there not gd enuf cuz ppl drive faster hear than wear anyone else lives.

Here, let me comfort you: "they're, their, there" . . . now I hope you're/your/yore feeling better . . . .

DamianW 09-02-2014 04:51 PM

Hmm, since this is a thread about pet peeves I'll say this:

I'm not too bothered about image formatting or English grammar but it's crazy arsed ideas that get up my chuff. Here's just a few stellar examples from the cbr250r library of really cool stuff :rolleyes:

1. Highway stirrups
2. CRF450 engine transplant
3. Drilling holes in stock mufflers

cbrlocal 09-02-2014 04:58 PM

4. Register just to immediately sell your bike.
5. Say you "need" more power so you're buying a liter bike.
6. What's the best exhaust?
7. This bike's too slow!

don'tpanic 09-02-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schroeder (Post 452322)
Guys, not everyone here is a native English speaker. So please cut those of us a little slack or I'll start testing how good you are at foreign languages.;)

Trust me - I am NOT talking about those for whom English is not their first language.
Mostly a condemnation of the USA educational system over the last 20 years or so.

Rotate your pictures? Should be common sense (and courtesy to my neck muscles) world-wide.

Stichill 09-02-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by don'tpanic (Post 452146)
I wish people would learn to rotate their pictures before posting them to the forum.

I didn't understand this problem until I got stuck with an iPhone by my employer. I don't know what it is, but if you take a portrait mode photo and rotate/save it in windows...once you upload to a forum the dang thing will rotate itself back sideways. It's almost like there's something hard-coded into the file. I have to take the extra step to strip out any metadata associated with images to make this problem go away.

don'tpanic 09-02-2014 09:25 PM

For forum-quality pictures, I try to always use my digital camera, which is a NBD pocket camera, and is dated, but it is way ahead of anything built into a multi-task device.
I typically run an image through Photoshop (a cheap $10 licensed version that I picked up a long time ago and still works on my new 64-bit desktop!) which allows rotating and cropping easily. I can adjust the light if I have to, but I'm not much good at that, so I try to have good lighting when I take the picture in the first place.

I have a LG Android as my first "smart" phone, and I don't use the camera much. The whole OS and processor/memory package is so bottom-rate, I swear my smart phone is using recreational drugs. :(

I am young enough to embrace digital technology, but old enough to know what it takes to make a decent image on the display. Or maybe I just care to take the time. After all, I had a darkroom in the basement growing up.