New to me mustang - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By cbrlocal

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-30-2016, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
New to me mustang

My step father graciously gave me his 97 v6 mustang. I have only owned 2 other 4 wheeled vehicles, my first car was a 1990 fox body 4 cyclinder mustang. The love did not last. Two years later I bought a 2000 Dodge Dakota pick up. It also was 4 cylinder. I have driven this truck for 17years. She is starting to have some serious issues, but she's been reliable. This mustang is a lot of fun to drive, I love the short throw of the manual shifter. I have never had a fast 4 wheeler, this car is peppier than I am used to, but it's way slower speeding up to crusing speed than my bike. It's made me appreciate how zippy my little bike is at rational speeds. This thing is great for hauling my kiddo, who is not ready to ride the bike.

2012 CBR 250R "Maya"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-31-2016, 04:54 AM

Very nice! I'm so jelly!

Take care & ride safe.

2012 Honda CBR 250RAb, Sold.
2013 CBR 600RR, Sold.
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650R, Road. (wife's)
2015 Kawasaki Z300, Road. (wife's)
2014 BMW S1000RR HP4, Road / Flying Machine. (Traded in the wife for it)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-31-2016, 10:50 PM

A V6 Rustang. The only V6 worthy of this car is the new 3.7L Ford recently developed. All the other 4 and 6-bangers were total snails; in my opinion, never belonged in the pony car. They're good cars, just not worthy of the badge they were developed for. Kind of sinful actually, for college girls who want the bark without the bite so to speak. They're crawling all over the place down here and people think they're hot stuff with em'.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

post #4 of 6 Old 02-01-2016, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah I hated my 4 banger stang. It was a rattle trap with poor ergos, no power, and it broke down all the time. This car is definitely not a high performance car, but it's an upgrade for me.

I know this car's history, and it's been reliable. The interior is very nice though small, and I love the manual transmission. It also means a lot to me because it was a gift. My step dad gave it to me for free because he knew it would be a big help. He still loved the car, but wanted something newer.
I am happy and just wanted to share.

2012 CBR 250R "Maya"
post #5 of 6 Old 02-01-2016, 06:52 PM

Enjoy your car and don't care what others might think. If you like it it's a good car. I've never owned a car with more than 1.6l, 4 cylinders and 105HP and I still get where I want to go so high performance isn't everything, especially in a country with speed limits.

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 6 Old 02-03-2016, 02:38 PM

Can't beat free; anything else is a luxury, including whether it runs at all!
xxthatswhatsupxx likes this.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page