How Are You Doing, Today? - Page 4 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 Old 08-23-2018, 09:20 AM

Hang in there dude!

Sorry to hear about all the crap being dumped on you at once, but you will work it out.

Many times when a lot of changes are forced on you it will open the door to something new and better.

Hoping that happens for you.

You'll know when the time is right for another cycle, so just be patient and work through the other stuff for now.
kiwi rider likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jkv357 For This Useful Post:
Big F1 Fan (08-23-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 08-23-2018, 10:46 AM

Man that doesn't sound good. Have you ever considered getting therapy for your mental issues? I used to suffer from depression and talking to psychologists has helped me (to some degree at least).

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 36 Old 08-23-2018, 11:44 AM

Location: Saint Charles, IL. A really nice little far-west Chicago suburb in northeast Illinois.
Garage
@Schroeder
Yes, in the past I have had professional help and yes, it did help some. Currently I see a counselor 2x monthly as part of my methadone maintenance program. While talking through troubles does help me some, I honestly found that riding aimlessly in the beautiful sunshine was more beneficial. Really being able to think about and work through what happened during the week on my bike was just a lot more doable and enjoyable for me than sitting in a sterile office space talking to a person who, really, probably doesn't give a ******************** about my troubles. Likewise, venting on here provides a small amount of relief and seeing positive responses and affirmations that I'm not alone is helpful too. That said, I know that no breakthroughs are gonna occur by me posting my bullshit here.

Ah screw it, I'm losing my train of thought. I just want this surgery to be done with so I can get on with physical healing that in turn will lead to (hopefully) some mental comfort too.

-dreaming of beautiful weather and empty roads....

post #34 of 36 Old 08-23-2018, 01:54 PM

Garage
I have found that getting up early and walking a couple of miles before breakfast has done a lot for my attitude. I have no idea if it will work for you, but, you are in complete control of yourself, only the weather is an uncontrolled variable (and from my perspective, that is a good thing).

Try it and see if it helps. The price is right. ;-)

John: '09CRF230L (Li'l Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Propelled by Penguin Power
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster
1st bike: a gently used 1958 Matchless 250 thumper
post #35 of 36 Old 08-28-2018, 03:59 AM

@Big F1 Fan I Hope your surgery went well last friday mate and you are on the road now to some sort of recovery.
That you can identify, acknowledge and vocalise what some of your issues are is a huge thing, as I'm sure that therapist of yours has told you
It's also great that you have found something that makes you happy. Yah for motorcycling!

I started riding at 10 yrs old (I'm 49 now) and during this time there has only been a period of about 4 or 5 years when I didnt own a motorcycle. This was the period in my life when the wheels fell off...

I wont bore y'all with my personal story but aint that some coincidence that it happened when I had turned my back on motorcycling. AND, unsurprisingly, the best therapy was buying another bike and getting back out there with my visor up and wind blowing through my helmet clearing away a lot of the $hit in my head.

That bike I bought was a Honda CBR250. A big departure from what I had ridden previously, but it was just the catalyst I needed to get myself heading in the right direction again, on two wheels.

Within a couple of months of buying it a friend who races encouraged me to do a 'Have a go' day at our local track. This was five years ago and I have embraced racing whole heartedly to the point where it is a huge part of my life now. I am currently preparing to race in the National championship this coming (southern hemisphere) summer. I just wanted to mention the racing bit as it has had huge benefits on my mental well-being and given me a real focus. You also can't beat the adrenaline rush of a close race.

So hang in there bud, I'm sure there is light around the corner. Clip the apex on the way to it!
jkv357 and Big F1 Fan like this.

2013 CBR250R repsol (sold)
2014 CBR300R (sold)
2007 SV650 (track bike)
2004 XR250R (dirt bike)
2018 Ninja 400
post #36 of 36 Old 08-31-2018, 08:48 AM

Location: Saint Charles, IL. A really nice little far-west Chicago suburb in northeast Illinois.
Garage
Hi @kiwi rider-

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement.

The surgery went without a hitch and I'm now the proud owner of some new internal hardware, a moderate amount of pain, and a truly magnificent bruise from my fingertips to my elbow.

I'm definitely getting another bike, I'll have to wait until the next time it's summer here near Chicago. I'm really liking the Ducati Monster, either in 696 or 821cc and from 2015 up. I also long for my little CBR250R so maybe down the line I'll scoop up another one as well.

As fa as track riding, I'd love to try that out. I wish you the best of luck during your summer series, that sounds incredible!

Thanks again for your kind words, I do appreciate them.
kiwi rider likes this.

-dreaming of beautiful weather and empty roads....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page