How cold is too cold? - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 Old 12-02-2016, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrlocal View Post
Blowing your warm breath down your jacket to heat you up.
Close, but not quite.

I held the short end in my mouth, and the long end exited out the chin seal of my System II helmet.
I would inhale through my nose, and exhale through my mouth.
When I got to work, 3 1/2 miles away (at midnight), I would brush off all of the frozen water vapor on the front of my snowmobile suit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(no affilliation)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 Old 12-02-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don'tpanic View Post
Close, but not quite.

I held the short end in my mouth, and the long end exited out the chin seal of my System II helmet.
I would inhale through my nose, and exhale through my mouth.
When I got to work, 3 1/2 miles away (at midnight), I would brush off all of the frozen water vapor on the front of my snowmobile suit.
When I got my new HJC helmet, it came with an anti-fog shield. I'd tried all kinds of things to keep my shield clear when it got cold, and nothing seemed to work very well, so I was skeptical, but I put it on anyway . . . and I'm glad I did. That thing really works! And after two years of riding it's still working and hasn't showed any signs of falling off or wearing out. I'd highly recommend an HJC full-face helmet, if only for that shield . . . .

"What do YOU care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman
post #23 of 25 Old 12-02-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooder7 View Post
When I got my new HJC helmet, it came with an anti-fog shield. I'd tried all kinds of things to keep my shield clear when it got cold, and nothing seemed to work very well, so I was skeptical, but I put it on anyway . . . and I'm glad I did. That thing really works! And after two years of riding it's still working and hasn't showed any signs of falling off or wearing out. I'd highly recommend an HJC full-face helmet, if only for that shield . . . .
I recently bought a HJC RPHA helmet, and noticed it fogged-up really easily when it got colder. I've been wearing a Scorpion EXO for years, and their anti-fog coating is very good.

I have the HJC inset to put on the visor to stop fogging, but haven't tried it. I'll have to give it a shot next time out.

Thanks for the tip.

Got this from Riders Discount a few months back -

My second HJC. Not bad, pretty comparable to the Scorpion EXO 700 it replaced.

Found another use for the Scorpion -

pooder7 and CBRogers like this.

Last edited by jkv357; 12-02-2016 at 03:19 PM.

post #24 of 25 Old 12-06-2016, 10:23 PM

This cold is toooooo cold for me.
post #25 of 25 Old 12-06-2016, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasttracker View Post
This cold is toooooo cold for me.
Aww, I see slush on the road! That is plenty warm. (I do advise a 3rd wheel, though)

(no affilliation)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page