RIP Sport Rider Magazine 1993-2017 - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 03-20-2018, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

This thing is like the new Motorcyclist revamp on STEROIDS.
It's at least twice the size and heft of Motorcyclist and the paper stock is even thicker.
I've only skimmed through it, but t's hard to argue with the really nice full-page photos printed in matte format. If anything they remind me of Sport Rider's large photos. There's nothing "shiny" about the magazine at all and it's quite a departure from the old CW.
I may well be just style over substance, but compared to this new format that resembles some kind of museum catalog, the last issue of the old CW seems like nothing but a cheap pamphlet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 03-22-2018, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

post #13 of 15 Old 03-23-2018, 11:40 AM

i think is it just a quarterly now too.

post #14 of 15 Old 04-06-2018, 09:37 AM

I've yet to receive my new "improved" Cycle World magazine - but I'm not holding my breath...

Decided to subscribe to Roadracing World (RoadracingWorld.com // Roadracing World Magazine // Motorcycle Roadracing Daily News) to get my sport bike fix.

I've been a subscriber to Sport Rider, Cycle World, and Motorcyclist for about 15 years, but I'm done with Bonnier Corporation and their artsy redesign of their motorcycle magazines.

Plus I'm still pissed about Sport Rider...
post #15 of 15 Old 04-08-2018, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

I'm starting to think these massive redesigns are just a "last gasp" of the motorcycle magazine industry. There's just too much targeted content on the web these days. I have no interest in ADV or flat track bikes, but if you subscribe at least one or two issues per year are focused on segments of the sport you have little interest in. That's not a problem if you get your content on the web where you can view tons on videos and articles tailored to your interests.
In a lot of cases the videos that Bonnier puts out are more interesting and informative than anything that appears in their magazines and it's free. They're only lessening demand for the magazines they have left by putting out all this web content.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page