The grom. - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 Old 08-16-2015, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by don'tpanic View Post
Are you aware that there is a restaurant in NYC called "Brendan's Grill", and that you misspelled Brendan's last name - "Gill"?

An interesting Freudian slip (?) that only an unreformed Googleholic would find.

Oddly, the name of the restaurant has nothing to do with the once-popular author of the same town!
Might have to go check it out if I ever go to New York again. Thanks for letting me know his last name was misspelled :P

Hey nothing wrong with googling random things, just think 20 years ago people had to use books to find stuff. Now we are a click and a few keystrokes away.

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." -Brendan Gill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 Old 08-16-2015, 07:11 PM

And I think the quote is great, BTW!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(no affilliation)
post #23 of 32 Old 08-16-2015, 07:58 PM

We have one as a demo machine at the safety course I teach. The thing is a bloody riot, so much fun.
don'tpanic likes this.

post #24 of 32 Old 08-17-2015, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBZuki View Post
We have one as a demo machine at the safety course I teach. The thing is a bloody riot, so much fun.
Would love to take the MSF class on this. Would pass with flying colors! Hell this thing makes U-turns in its own lane.

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." -Brendan Gill
post #25 of 32 Old 08-25-2015, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,643 Times in 1,938 Posts
Just happened to see this on the FMF website...

Products - Bike Finder - FMF Racing
isaacm12 likes this.
post #26 of 32 Old 08-26-2015, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
Just happened to see this on the FMF website...

Products - Bike Finder - FMF Racing
I want a aftermarket exhaust because the bike is soooo quiet. After having the husky I realized how sexy dual exhausts are though. Money constraints force me to wait for a while though....As for the fender I just pulled it off and mounted it under the taillight.
How-To: DIY... Fender Eliminator Kit.... ALMOST Free

post #27 of 32 Old 09-12-2015, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage
This thing is stupid fun to ride. I would highly recommend this more as a toy than a sole motorcycle though... Rode my cbr250r for 19k miles and never had the urge to do any type of stunt... less than 1k into grom ownership and its getting hard to keep the stunt bug away.

post #28 of 32 Old 12-12-2015, 07:24 AM

A groom on 'high speed', eh, tires ;-)

This can happen, even to a CBR!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (91.4 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 03.jpg (206.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 04.jpg (180.6 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (104.6 KB, 59 views)
isaacm12 likes this.

Disclaimer:
Can contain irony and/or sarcasm

post #29 of 32 Old 12-18-2015, 02:05 AM

The Grom's that come my way are not Road Bikes......

They are made for lane splitting in Heavy Traffic and they are called: MSX125's. Honda can't make these fast enough and people by the droves are exchanging the CBR for these little creations!

Brakes: As MotoMike said, the rear brakes have to bead in before they will lock up, and believe me they will! The Issue is the front brakes and an owner need not change the calipers, but a new disc and Pads are mandatory!

This will then lend itself to another issue......... Although they utilize USD Forks Honda decided to use crappy springs, ATF Oil and crappy Rods, as well as only provide rebound valves.........that's right boys and girls, fix the brakes up front and she dives faster than a trident submarine!

Fortunately Ohlin's has answered the call for front kit drop ins! Yeah! With Better Rods, Springs and Compression and rebound valves for superior dampening. Synthtic #20 Oil is also incorporated to make this machine a much better ride.

This is what's called "Under bones" Not quite a scooter, and not quite a motorcycle......Again, its for meandering through heavy traffic and lane splitting, which it does exceptionally well. Other than running to the store for Milk and Cookies. It's not a road bike.......unless of course your a short, light Pilipino man coming in at 55 kilos. Petit women favor this bike over men. Can you see our wife dropping off the kid at school? I see it all the time!

Cheers

BDS PERFORMANCE Co., Ltd
Bangkok, Thailand
post #30 of 32 Old 12-18-2015, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacm12 View Post
I want a aftermarket exhaust because the bike is soooo quiet. After having the husky I realized how sexy dual exhausts are though. Money constraints force me to wait for a while though....As for the fender I just pulled it off and mounted it under the taillight.
How-To: DIY... Fender Eliminator Kit.... ALMOST Free
I have a friend that rides his Grom with no muffler at all, sounds pretty good and he says it runs the same...

2003 VFR800A
1990 VTR250 track bike
1974 CB360 Café
2009 BMW F800GS
GF's track bike 2011 CBR250R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page