New Honda Rebel 300 & 500 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Polk

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-27-2016, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

New Honda Rebel 300 & 500

HondaRebel3Forum.com - The Largest 3rd Generation Honda Rebel 300 And 500 Forum!

It looks like Honda upgraded the Rebel to use the CBR300R engine. Took them long enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(no affilliation)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-27-2016, 12:42 PM

I never understood why Honda put an 18HP engine in the rebel. I mean seriously 18HP.o_O
Now that makes me understand that there are people who claim a 250 can't go on the interstate (it technically can but I think it would be a pain in the rear).

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?

post #3 of 4 Old 11-27-2016, 05:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
I never understood why Honda put an 18HP engine in the rebel. I mean seriously 18HP.o_O
Now that makes me understand that there are people who claim a 250 can't go on the interstate (it technically can but I think it would be a pain in the rear).
250 can go on the highway (65+ mph) unless you have a lot of hills like I do between here and college station. The little 250 is great for around town, even with the hills we have around here. But it seriously lacks in the top end when you're trying to cruise at 65-70 going over hills. Yes I know, I could slow down, but, I don't like people being on my ass on a motorcycle that's pretty much at its wits end trying to maintain speed. But again, great bike for in town use.

This has been my experience with it, and is by no means the norm.
LDE likes this.

Current rides:
2012 CBR250R ABS
2002 WRX

Awaiting registration:
2001 CBR600 F4i

Last edited by Polk; 11-27-2016 at 06:24 PM.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-28-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
I used to have a GZ250, which was technically rated for about 18HP, but really only put down around 16 at the wheel. That thing was a dog. I could do 65+ comfortably, but I am relatively lightweight. Any wind or hills, and you were WOT to maintain 65. Wind and hills together, like throwing out an anchor. Couldn't really downshift, because the bike redlined at 8k, and 4th gear was really revy at 65.

I did have it up to about 75 once on flat ground, screaming its little head off. As much as I liked that bike, I didn't want to put it through that abuse on a daily commute basis; she just didn't quite have enough balls for what my commute required. So I sold her. Still miss her, but my CeeBee fills that void, and she went to a good home.

The Virago 250 was a vastly superior bike; much more torquey. Up until about 5k RPM, I'd say it pulls just as hard as our CBR250r's do. Top end died off much earlier though of course. Now I'd say the Rebel will be quite the contender (although the previous iteration was considered more peppy than my GZ).

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page