Sold the old Girl.. - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By isaacm12

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-31-2017, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sold the old Girl..

After almost 5 years of memories I sold the old girl. I loved every moment I had with her but she was rarely ridden. Once I picked up my crf250l last year I knew her days were numbered...

She ended up getting me enough for a 2007 CRF450R!

don'tpanic likes this.

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." -Brendan Gill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-01-2017, 03:13 AM

Looking at that terrain a dual sport seems to be the better option for you.
Good luck with the new bike and feel free to keep posting here.

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-01-2017, 03:24 AM

You had 5 years of good memories on a 250. Most people don't give nearly as much time with these smaller bikes because of the need to "upgrade" to a bigger bike.

post #4 of 7 Old 04-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,643 Times in 1,938 Posts
Have fun with the 450R!

Did the previous owner have it have it titled & registered in NM for off road? If not you'll definitely want to get that done. I get checked by USFS LEO's at least once a year on my XR400R. Besides checking for current off road registration, they also will check that the bike's exhaust is equipped with a USFS/USDA approved spark arrestor. FYI, the fine is pretty stiff for not having an approved spark arresting exhaust... something like $500 as I recall.

Former Factory Test Rider/Technician
post #5 of 7 Old 04-04-2017, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevIt View Post
You had 5 years of good memories on a 250. Most people don't give nearly as much time with these smaller bikes because of the need to "upgrade" to a bigger bike.
5 Years and 21k miles Rode every bike at the dealership and ended up choosing between a CRF250L and a Fury. Wanted to go with the fury so bad but at the time I still had the CBR so ended up with the CRF. Best decision I ever made. Opened my world to dirt riding and how much fun it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
Have fun with the 450R!

Did the previous owner have it have it titled & registered in NM for off road? If not you'll definitely want to get that done. I get checked by USFS LEO's at least once a year on my XR400R. Besides checking for current off road registration, they also will check that the bike's exhaust is equipped with a USFS/USDA approved spark arrestor. FYI, the fine is pretty stiff for not having an approved spark arresting exhaust... something like $500 as I recall.
Yup Titled and Registered. Next step is to get a spark arrestor. Rode 2 other bikes before choosing this one. CR250R a '08 450R and lastly this one. Didn't like the two stroke power, more annoying than anything and the other 450 ran like poop haha. This one ran the best and was the cheapest.

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." -Brendan Gill
post #6 of 7 Old 04-04-2017, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,643 Times in 1,938 Posts
I've got an FMF Powercore 4 slip-on exhaust, which comes equipped with a spark arrestor, on my XR400R. IMO, these are reasonably priced for a top quality 'Made in the USA' exhaust.

This is the FMF Powercore 4 (p/n 041276) made for the 2007 CRF450R: https://www.amazon.com/FMF-Exhaust-P...ype=motorcycle

OEMcycle is another source... FMF Racing PowerCore 4 SA Muffler 041276 They are a reputable online dealer, and they have it for the same price as Amazon, and also offer free shipping. (FWIW, I've ordered from OEMcycle in the past... they have good customer service)

I didn't do a lot of searching around, but both Amazon and OEMcycle seem to be priced about $50 - $60 less than other online sellers for the same exhaust. FMF's retail price is $329.99... Products - Bike Finder - FMF Racing

Former Factory Test Rider/Technician

Last edited by MotoMike; 04-04-2017 at 10:14 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-09-2017, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
I've got an FMF Powercore 4 slip-on exhaust, which comes equipped with a spark arrestor, on my XR400R. IMO, these are reasonably priced for a top quality 'Made in the USA' exhaust.

This is the FMF Powercore 4 (p/n 041276) made for the 2007 CRF450R: https://www.amazon.com/FMF-Exhaust-P...ype=motorcycle

OEMcycle is another source... FMF Racing PowerCore 4 SA Muffler 041276 They are a reputable online dealer, and they have it for the same price as Amazon, and also offer free shipping. (FWIW, I've ordered from OEMcycle in the past... they have good customer service)

I didn't do a lot of searching around, but both Amazon and OEMcycle seem to be priced about $50 - $60 less than other online sellers for the same exhaust. FMF's retail price is $329.99... Products - Bike Finder - FMF Racing
I'm not a fan of aftermarket. I'm more than likey gonna end up buying close to this and drilling holes where I need them as the exhaust i have now has the sticker saying it "has" a spark arrestor

I would love to find a stock exhaust and just throw that on there so jetting off the book is easier. Sucked when I got it as it was running super lean. Jumped up at least 5 jet sizes before I got it close.

Also adding to the stable is a 2010 Fury couldn't pass one up at $3000

Last edited by isaacm12; 04-09-2017 at 01:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page