Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Pcx 150

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Michael 
#1 ·
Back home in NZ now..... and this 2019 PCX 150 is my current ride.

As a motorcycle, it is not the ride that a sports bike like the CBR250/300 offers, but as a practical way of getting around this is fitting my needs just fine.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
The PCX150 is starting to look more attractive to me, since I turned 78; but, the CRF230L still runs fine, so until that changes or I can't get a leg over it, I'll probably keep riding it.

#4 ·
Not much by way of dual-sport credentials with the PCX 150. Handles sealed roads fine, is great around town, reaches 80 km/hr quite quickly, 100 in reasonable time, and can manage the 110 limit OK on the expressway near where I am. I have seen 115, and with a few more km on the clock it will probably reach the claimed 120, given time.

Most NZ roads have a 100 km/hr limit, and on many 80 - 90 is a comfortable speed to travel, so the scoot is in its element there from my point of view.

Gravel roads are not its forte though, and I do travel some. The little MB 100 I had for years was easily managed at 60 - 70 km/hr on straights and gentle curves. Weighing in at about 85 kg, and having a stiff frame keeping control in more windy sections was never a problem, even when carrying a load. The PCX is 131 kg, and the smaller, wider tyres don't handle unsealed roads so well, especially bends. I have seldom felt confident enough to do over 50 km/hr. when the road is straight, and take it very easy when it isn't. On down hill sections the transmission doesn't engage the motor until about 20 km/hr, so one has to rely on the brakes for retardation..... and feathering the rear hand-brake is not as easy as just resting the boot on a foot brake.

Getting about 2.3 litres per 100 km (100 miles per US gallon), mostly out of town roads...... 1997 Dream 100 I had in Thailand was getting 1.9 litres per 100 km.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.