Pcx 150 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 12-16-2019, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Pcx 150

Back home in NZ now..... and this 2019 PCX 150 is my current ride.

As a motorcycle, it is not the ride that a sports bike like the CBR250/300 offers, but as a practical way of getting around this is fitting my needs just fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF7426.jpg (165.7 KB, 6 views)

there are old motorcyclists and bold motorcyclists,
but you seldom meet an old bold motorcyclist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-16-2019, 08:03 PM

Guys get your Pitchforks and Torches!!!!

Seriously though it looks like an acceptable ride and with 150cc it's also usable out of town.

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 01-18-2020, 03:53 PM

Garage
The PCX150 is starting to look more attractive to me, since I turned 78; but, the CRF230L still runs fine, so until that changes or I can't get a leg over it, I'll probably keep riding it.

John: '09CRF230L (Li'l Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Propelled by Penguin Power
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster
1st bike: a gently used 1958 Matchless 250 thumper

Last edited by jsonder; 01-18-2020 at 03:54 PM. Reason: move the comma to the left of "since"

post #4 of 4 Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonder View Post
The PCX150 is starting to look more attractive to me, since I turned 78; but, the CRF230L still runs fine, so until that changes or I can't get a leg over it, I'll probably keep riding it.
Not much by way of dual-sport credentials with the PCX 150. Handles sealed roads fine, is great around town, reaches 80 km/hr quite quickly, 100 in reasonable time, and can manage the 110 limit OK on the expressway near where I am. I have seen 115, and with a few more km on the clock it will probably reach the claimed 120, given time.

Most NZ roads have a 100 km/hr limit, and on many 80 - 90 is a comfortable speed to travel, so the scoot is in its element there from my point of view.

Gravel roads are not its forte though, and I do travel some. The little MB 100 I had for years was easily managed at 60 - 70 km/hr on straights and gentle curves. Weighing in at about 85 kg, and having a stiff frame keeping control in more windy sections was never a problem, even when carrying a load. The PCX is 131 kg, and the smaller, wider tyres don't handle unsealed roads so well, especially bends. I have seldom felt confident enough to do over 50 km/hr. when the road is straight, and take it very easy when it isn't. On down hill sections the transmission doesn't engage the motor until about 20 km/hr, so one has to rely on the brakes for retardation..... and feathering the rear hand-brake is not as easy as just resting the boot on a foot brake.

Getting about 2.3 litres per 100 km (100 miles per US gallon), mostly out of town roads...... 1997 Dream 100 I had in Thailand was getting 1.9 litres per 100 km.

there are old motorcyclists and bold motorcyclists,
but you seldom meet an old bold motorcyclist

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page