Traded in today. Gladius - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-09-2013, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Traded in today. Gladius

~~
I hadn't planned on looking for a different bike until next year, but when I saw a Gladius, the blue/white one which I loved, listed at over $500 less than I've seen anywhere else before, I had to go see what was wrong with it. When I've seen these for sale before, they are usually 4500 to 5000 with more miles than this one.

Outside of a few, small cosmetic issues from being dropped in the past, the bike is perfectly, mechanically fine. Forks are straight, nothing is out of place, bike rides fine. The place where I was buying from was having their annual sale which they only do one week each year towards the end like this to reduce and rotate inventory. All of their bikes were 10% or more off.

Bike is great so far! Rode it a little over an hour home. Lots of roll-on power all the way from idle, higher and wider bars that put me a bit more upright, sounds like a beast even with the stock exhaust, totally clean air so little wind noise or head buffeting at all. The power surprised me as it wasn't an issue up or downshifting at all. It's almost smoother than my CBR was and this is even with a clutch that is both heavy, and difficult for me to reach. Gonna have to find some adjustables for that.

Anyways, here she is, a 2009 Suzuki Gladius. 10,800 miles on the clock when I bought it. $3,950 bike price.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gladius1.jpg (326.4 KB, 46 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Soulbreeze; 08-09-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-09-2013, 01:39 PM

You will really enjoy that Vtwin motor, its the same one as in the SV650 I think. Is this the first time you bought a used bike? I just bought my 1st used bike yesterday and will only buy used in the future, Some serious money savings there.
post #3 of 9 Old 08-09-2013, 02:28 PM

Congrats on the upgrade! I also have a 2009 Gladius that Ive done quite a bit of modding on. Let me know if you have any questions!

Ive attached pics of the bike from when I first got it and how it looks, now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0203.jpg (372.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0024.jpg (302.9 KB, 53 views)

post #4 of 9 Old 08-09-2013, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

~~
Yeah, it's slightly modified, but the same base design as the SV's and the V-stroms. It is my first used bike. The coolest thing was their finance guy is actually a guy I went to school with and used to party with. Hadn't seen him in over 10 years so that was pretty awesome.

Only thing I want to do immediately is get the adjustable clutch lever, and figure out how to get that dang frame cover off! I took the 3 bolts out, but it seems like it's still being held in place by some kind of plug I can't get to unless I take more parts of the bodywork off. Will have to figure out how to do that.
~~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-09-2013, 05:18 PM

Whoa - Gladius! Nice.

More power to ya!

2013 Black CBR250R ABS "Little Raven" - gone but not forgotten.
2007 Black Moto Guzzi Breva 750 "Karla"
Ride carefully - You are invisible.
post #6 of 9 Old 08-09-2013, 10:19 PM

What a nice looking bike. No doubt you will tweak it so it fits perfect in no time at all.
You probably won't be spending much time around here in the future. You always have
made excellent posts and just about the best avatar pic ever. The cbr250r forum's loss
will be the Gladius forum's gain.
Best of luck and be safe.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-09-2013, 10:25 PM

Just saw one of these at an AMA race. Convo started about how this is just an overall great bike at a great price. Your post makes me want to start stalking for a used one. :-)

2012 Honda CBR 250R
2012 Triumph Street Triple

"Just RIDE..."

Last edited by 1LAryder; 08-10-2013 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Whoops typo
post #8 of 9 Old 08-10-2013, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LAryder View Post
Just saw one of these at an ANA race. Convo started about how this is just an overall great bike at a great price. Your post makes me want to start stalking for a used one. :-)
~~
It's a proven engine if nothing else. Take care of it and I see no reason why it won't turn over 100k miles. With the CBR on feully, I was on the high end of average, so I should see around 55-60 mpg no problem too.

@Grommit: You must be a j-pop fan or just like the visual, but either way, thanks!
~~

post #9 of 9 Old 08-10-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulbreeze View Post
~~
Yeah, it's slightly modified, but the same base design as the SV's and the V-stroms. It is my first used bike. The coolest thing was their finance guy is actually a guy I went to school with and used to party with. Hadn't seen him in over 10 years so that was pretty awesome.

Only thing I want to do immediately is get the adjustable clutch lever, and figure out how to get that dang frame cover off! I took the 3 bolts out, but it seems like it's still being held in place by some kind of plug I can't get to unless I take more parts of the bodywork off. Will have to figure out how to do that.
~~
You'll have to take the side fairings off, too. Just pop the seat off and undo the plastic clips, then they pop off easily. There's also Velcro holding the side fairings to the side of the tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page