Zero S: Electric Supermoto - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-04-2011, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Zero S: Electric Supermoto

Itís got a lightweight aluminum frame, trick suspension and one big-ass honkiní battery. Weight wise the Zero S only comes in at about 300 lbs. which is pretty standard for enduros. Performance wise the bike is just ďOKĒ. With a top end of about 70 mph itís not going to break any speed records, however it is virtually maintenance free and only takes about 2.5 hrs. to recharge the battery pack to 100%. If there is a downside it has to be the Zero Sís range as itís only about 50 miles. This is great if youíre just tooling around town, but anything more than that means frequent 2.5 hr. stops. I think the bike is definitely a start in the right direction, but like anything that has to do with technology, weíre pretty sure that version 2.0 isnít that far off and will be better in all respects.

Its works out for daily urban riding, but as for long trips goodluck!.
What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-05-2011, 01:15 PM

I saw one for the first time two weeks ago. It really caught my eye. I will not be an early adopter like I am with IT Tech stuff but I see it as being the future and look forward to it. One note that concerns me though. Electricity is not cheap! Many countries are having a hard enough time keeping up with demand. So what will the prices be for bikes like this and cars? Just another thing to think about.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-05-2011, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

oh where did you see one? im still curious wanting to see how well this thing performs in person.

Also for me im never one of the people to ever get lets say a 1st version of any production item, they tend to have tons of flaws, and the later generations tend to work out a lot of the minor issues.

post #4 of 6 Old 04-06-2011, 01:30 PM

oh yes this brand. i think we had a post on Zero motorcycles a while back....

good to finally see a Zero motorcycle video rather than reading a article on it and viewing pic's.

Good thing with electric bikes you can never run out of electricity, since we have some systems in place for electric cars and bikes and you can also buy/build your own power generating & charging system.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-06-2011, 04:19 PM

Saw it a bike show in Toronto. A new magazine had it as part of their display.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-06-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_Guy View Post
oh yes this brand. i think we had a post on Zero motorcycles a while back....

good to finally see a Zero motorcycle video rather than reading a article on it and viewing pic's.

Good thing with electric bikes you can never run out of electricity, since we have some systems in place for electric cars and bikes and you can also buy/build your own power generating & charging system.

I'm sure most people wont build their own power stations =/

I'd just be really interested in riding this for a day, and comparing it to a gas powered bike.. as for now i still love anything petrol powered

Nothing beats the smell of petrol and tiers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page