MotoGP - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 376 Old 04-08-2012, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumps View Post
Hate to say it but the Doctor is past it now...Go STONER!
It is looking like Rossi is indeed past it. For years he never missed a start, and usually finished. Since the accident that left him out for most of that season he seems to have lost confidence, he has been off quite a few times, and out classed by his team-mate. He has signed up with Ducati for another two years (2013/14), but it remains to seen if he sees it out. At best it looks like he might help develop the Duc, but podiums are likely to be few and far between.

It will be a pity. The Doctor's no holds barred attitude made for some exciting racing. He was not afraid to make contact with other bikes, if that is what it took.

The front two rows of today's race are an interesting line up, with only the Honda of Casey Stoner in the front two rows. He is 2nd to Lorenzo on pole, riding a factory Yamaha. His team-mate, Ben Spies is 4th. The privateer Yamaha powered team, Tech 3, Have Cal Crutchlow at 3rd, and Andrea Dovizioso at 6th. Rossi's Ducati team-mate, Andy Hayden is 5th......... and Rossi is 12th.

Crutchlow could certainly be one to watch. I was impressed by him as a person in an interview. Lorenzo too; he seems to have matured a lot over the past year.

Stefan Bradl, up to MotoGP fro Moto2, is on the 3rd row, on a Honda powered bike. All told 21 starters, up from 13 or 14 last year, should make for some interesting racing.

Some of the best racing over the past couple of years has been in 600cc Honda powered Moto2. Sometimes the position of the five or six front runners would change several times in one lap. There are 33 starters in the class this year.

Moto3, the new 250cc single class, has 32 starters. With a minimum weight of148 kg for bike and rider, and relatively skinny tyres they look tiny compared to the MotoGP class bikes. Does the Hilton bimbo still sponsor a team?

I find track racing interesting, but am no Rossi wannabe. Trials, or maybe Enduro, are the classes of competition I would have had a go it if the opportunity had presented itself.

Well, it is all on in a few hours. I'll be catching the Moto3 race at 11.00 PM (Thai time) if there is a pub open and showing it. They have been asked to close for the three days of the funeral of a princess, but I gather it is a voluntary thing. Unfortunately the MotoGP race will be way past the bed time of an old chappy who gets up about ****-crow..... I don't need an alarm clock where I live.

there are old motorcyclists and bold motorcyclists,
but you seldom meet an old bold motorcyclist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Michael; 04-08-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 376 Old 04-08-2012, 04:03 PM

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,315 Posts
The italian 2nd in Moto3 was amazing effort for a first gp, also good was Aurthur Sissis back in 6th.

Moto2- Marquez happy, Luthi furious (understandably)

Then the joy of watching the three aliens in motoGP
Lorenzo the smoothest, the best.

post #13 of 376 Old 04-08-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
Lorenzo the smoothest, the best.
Only due to the wrist/arm of Stoner

CBR250R BRAKES ARE ****!
HAVE YOU TRIED brembo? OMFG STOP ÜBER QUICK

post #14 of 376 Old 04-08-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo14 View Post
Channel 10 didnt give us the post race interviews.. but I hope Stacey hasnt returned to Moaning again.

post #15 of 376 Old 04-08-2012, 11:20 PM

Yea i recoded it and have just finished watching - shame Channel 10 cut the end off.
Not a bad race.

Growing Younger
post #16 of 376 Old 04-08-2012, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo14 View Post
Stoner might have the skill and the bike, but he has to have strength and stamina to convert that into results. If he doesn't, moaning about what might have been isn't going to help his cause. In the end even the delicate little Pedrosa was able to beat him.

Fantastic acceleration and brakes may be great for point, squirt and brake, but a rider who can make it flow smoothly will do it with less drama and less stress on the body. That is true on the road for day to day riding, as well as the track.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see any of the races. The place where a few guys usually gather to watch was closed for five days for local elections and for the cremation of an obscure princess, who died several months ago. A great idea for an island where the local economy is pretty much based on tourism; beach by day, bars by night.

Elsewhere, in other centres around the island, some places opened up, probably after or at risk of a donation to the constabulary. Such is the way of a voluntary closure in these parts. Just like observation of the road code, which is somewhat voluntary in observation and arbitrary in enforcement.... tends to be when the enforcers are in need of a bit of cash.

However, they were all showing English soccer, a sport I fail to understand...... I got a red card in my first and only excursion on to a soccer field in England, in bare feet when everyone else was wearing boots. I was just helping out the team at the pub where I lived; never again.

Oh well, I just have to look forward to the next round, if I am around. In the mean time it is organising a team of the local youth for the Phuket International Cricket Sixes, with teams coming from all over the world..... along with helping out as an official at the event.

Busy times ahead before riding a bar stool in the next round of MotoGP, unless there is another cremation, election, or something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Michael; 04-09-2012 at 08:52 AM.
post #17 of 376 Old 04-18-2012, 01:30 AM

I just hope that Rossi's 18th place performance in Monza would just be a warm up for a good run this season. It has been quite long since he has been in winning form and seems to me that he is just riding for the brand and exposure. Though I would not think that people of that stature would ever lose their drive to win and race considering how they climbed and built to get to this comfortable level.
post #18 of 376 Old 04-18-2012, 03:13 AM

Maybe some miracle will happen with Ducati's sale to VW (pending)

But at the moment its sad.
Hope he goes to a Satelite Yamaha team for 2013... or retires gracefully.

post #19 of 376 Old 04-29-2012, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I watched Moto3 for the first time yesterday. The bikes seems nervous little beasties, with a lot of crashes, though the wet patches conditions didn't help. The little they showed of the 16 year-old winner had him making the bike go smoothly. He was 44 seconds ahead at one stage, and won by over 30.

I got to where I watched a little late, and the lads were on about how the leader had gone off, and got back on the track, still in the lead. They didn't realise they were talking about the bike that was second at the time. I found the racing exciting, with a lot of changes of position throughout the field, except at the lead.

I missed the Moto2, which was red flagged in the end. I went off to do my token bit toward "drinking the bar dry" (just a couple over an hour and a half) to send a local character on his way, back to Australia for a couple of months or a couple of years..... as long as it takes to sort some things out. He's been here for 27 years. His "bar" is a couple of eskies under the trees on an as yet little known beach, where his wife and step-daugher-in-law cook for construction workers building a hotel during the day. It is a good place to gather to chew the fat as the sun sets.

For a long time he had a place on another beach, with electricity and cable TV, where we used to catch sport. His wife got a good offer from people wanting to lease it, so that went.

I got back to catch the MotoGP.... A good bit of dicing early on, but settled into Stoner first, being chased by Lorenzo, and Pedrosa third, chased by Crutchlow. Good to see Crutchlow in the mix. Sad to see Ducati mounted Hayden and Rossi way back among the also rans. Good to watch the guys ride, but not as exciting racing as the lower orders.

post #20 of 376 Old 04-29-2012, 10:55 PM

Rotten luck for Nicky, pushed wide early on,
Spies must still have that injury,
Bradl.. watch him next next year, a credible 7th.
A Blinder for Cal, so impressive he's the Number 1 rider in that team.
Still a good result for Jorge.
Stacey actually smiled.

Luthi showed why he is best, so smooth in the damp.
Marques was exciting as usual.
Redding the Aussie... wow

Missed the Moto3, was that the young Italian Michael?.

The future is bright for us fans.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page