SUZUKI GSX250R Coming To US in 2017 - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 Old 09-17-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
LOL! "Can-o-tuna" or not, I'd sell my eye teeth in a heartbeat for one of those original Hans Muth designed Katanas!
And I'd throw in a couple of wisdom teeth for his 1982 BMW R65LS.
There were some neat original Katanas, but the later higher production models were pretty weaksauce.

Those are the Can-o-tuna ones.

Last edited by jkv357; 09-17-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 09-17-2017, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv357 View Post
There was some neat original Katanas, but the later higher production models were pretty weaksauce.

Those are the Can-o-tuna ones.
Oh yeah, it was reprehensible what Suzuki did to the Katana over time. I gave up on them when they started to look like Honda Hurricanes. All the crisp, sharp design lines that Hans Muth added to the original were completely obliterated and they became completely boring.
That's one reason I loved my Seca 400 so much. It didn't look like anything else on the road at the time (other than maybe the Yamaha Turbo) with it's cast wheels, "boat stern" rear end, rectangular headlight and deep blue-to-purple light transforming paint. I added a factory headlight fairing/windscreen that literally took MONTHS to ship from Japan which made it even more unique-looking. People would do double-takes as they walked past and stop to admire all of it's futuristic-looking touches. I felt exactly the same way when I saw my first parked Yamaha Phazer a few years later.
Yamaha has become a little less "razor's edge" with it's designs since then, but I still see that heritage in the FZ-07s and 09s, albeit in a much more muted form. I'm really excited about the new Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and the possible return of motorcycle design that's "love it or hate it" polarizing again. : )
shisoshin likes this.
post #23 of 23 Old 09-19-2017, 09:25 AM

Hmmm, I like the twin cylinder, the larger rear seat, the 4 gallon tank. Don't like heavier. More maintenance with the twin cylinder. Same HP rating as the cbr. Styling is good, albeit pretty close to the cbr. Overall not enough to be tempting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page