Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/)
-   Other Motorcycles (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/other-motorcycles/)
-   -   2013 Triumph Street Triple Revealed (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/other-motorcycles/6964-2013-triumph-street-triple-revealed.html)

Asako 10-03-2012 07:58 AM

2013 Triumph Street Triple Revealed

Triumph Street Triple | Street Triple R - Homepage

Does the exhaust remind you of something? I'd love to get my hands on one of these.

Luke 10-03-2012 08:50 AM

The Street Triple is a sweet bike.... However (maybe I'm just old), the fact that it gets worse fuel mileage than my daughter's Civic is a huge turn-off for me. If (big IF) I was looking for a bike, I would personally lean toward the Ninja 650 or the BMW 800 - good performance (but not Street Triple performance), good road manners, and still 50mpg.

Heck - a friend has the Kawa Vulcan 1700 - and he gets 45mpg. I'd never buy that bike (IMO, 850 lbs is just too much), but you have to wonder if Triumph cares at all about mpg. Maybe they shouldn't - the bike seems to be a huge hit with the target audience, and as Asako noted, it does sound sweet.

To each his own!

Luke

FlipKickz 10-03-2012 09:47 AM

That's a very good looking bike... thanks!

David the Gnome 10-03-2012 10:11 AM

That is SO much better looking than the previous model! I am actually considering one of these as my next bike now.

jimjim 10-03-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke (Post 97991)
The Street Triple is a sweet bike.... However (maybe I'm just old), the fact that it gets worse fuel mileage than my daughter's Civic is a huge turn-off for me. If (big IF) I was looking for a bike, I would personally lean toward the Ninja 650 or the BMW 800 - good performance (but not Street Triple performance), good road manners, and still 50mpg.

If you ever rode one of the Triumph triples the fuel mileage would be of little concern. I might be a little biased though since I ride a Triumph 800. :D

Luke 10-03-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimjim (Post 98043)
If you ever rode one of the Triumph triples the fuel mileage would be of little concern. I might be a little biased though since I ride a Triumph 800. :D

That's why I've been avoiding riding one - other Trumpy owners have said the same thing. I've been told that bike has a higher addiction rate than crack cocaine.

Rorschach 10-08-2012 03:47 AM

Will be trading my CBR250R on one in 6 months when I get my unrestricted licence. Dont care if it has a high mpg, it'll be something I buy to enjoy

lewiCBR250R 10-08-2012 09:09 AM

i'm not a big naked bike fan myself but it looks pretty nice. I was just wondering what the difference is between the street and speed triple? is the speed just an upgraded version of it like the 675R is of the 675? :)

Aufitt 10-08-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewiCBR250R (Post 99262)
i'm not a big naked bike fan myself but it looks pretty nice. I was just wondering what the difference is between the street and speed triple? is the speed just an upgraded version of it like the 675R is of the 675? :)

Completely different.
Speed triple is 1050cc and its roots come from the old '98 Daytona,
Street triple is a detuned/retuned naked version of the 06 onwards 675 Daytona.

msaurondon 10-10-2012 11:03 AM

Triple owner

Hey all.

Triumph has been adjusting their look and feel over the past few years and the 'R' bikes have been making the largest leaps forward of all. Nice to see the resurgence of the Triumph line.

AS a 2011 Street Triple owner, my computer tells me I average around ~39 MPG. Lots of starts and stops and not much freeway riding. Spent the summer in the middle of Missouri and the computer came back and told me I was getting ~45 MPG.

Addictive as crack, yes. Fun as hell to ride. Being naked, you sometimes get beat up a little by the wind, or a semi. However you have low end power to get you out of trouble quickly.

Your posture on the bike is a little more upright than a Daytona, so it is a little more comfortable over a longer distance.

The ECU software is free (TuneECU).
Triumph definitely has perfected that inline 3 to the point that it is found in the Daytona, Street, Speed and Tiger.

I would highly suggest it for an addition to a collection or as strong contender against GSXR/Ninja/CBR/Ducati/Aprilia and same class.

Peace.