Basic Rider Curriculum - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 05-19-2013, 09:19 PM
NSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selliottrvt View Post
To clarify, I am really looking for material related to the skills test. I want to make sure I am proficient at the skills required to pass before I attempt the actual test. I would love a diagram of the course itself...
There are a variety of courses the instructors can lay out I believe, based on available space. They have a little laminated spiral bound book they flip around quite a bit.

You'll have to trust me when I say there's nothing to worry about. Don't overthink it. You can go in having no idea how to ride a motorbike and as long as you keep a positive, confident attitude they will make sure you learn and will not let you fail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 05-19-2013, 10:00 PM

Congrats on wanting to develop your skills prior to attending the class. I have never seen the MSF riding test spelled out but definitely check out youtube and see what is out there. That being said, by any chance did you pick up a Honda "You & Your Motorcycle Riding Tips" book when you were at a dealer? At the back of the book are 9 exercises which if you become proficient at you will be well on your way to possessing the skills you need to pass the test. The only other skill I can think of that you will need to be proficient at is the figure 8.

Knowledge is Good - Emil Faber
post #13 of 13 Old 05-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,940 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys! I actually already downloaded the MSF manual and am making my way through it and have already been through both manuals that came with my bike. Because I am a beginner I am trying to read everything I can get my hands on as well as practicing every chance I get. I want to be a responsible and safe rider.
Spend twenty bucks and get a copy of Proficient Motorcycling.

Quote:
To clarify, I am really looking for material related to the skills test. I want to make sure I am proficient at the skills required to pass before I attempt the actual test. I would love a diagram of the course itself...
Then again if you just want to pass a basic test, that's something entirely different than working towards becoming a proficient motorcyclist, which is a life long pursuit.

Former Factory Test Rider/Technician
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page