MSF Advanced RiderCourse - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 Old 08-10-2015, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellonwheels View Post
Anybody who says wait I disagree with, take it now. If you get above 65 every day, and you take many corners every day, there is no reason that you shouldn't take this when it is offered. You may want to try some longer trips, and obviously read proficient motorcycling cover to cover as well.

Obviously, you think that you might personally benefit from it, and it's not a huge investment in money. If you manage to avoid the simplest fender bender because of being a little more conscious or skilled, that makes it very worth it, right?
I agree. Many riders I know take it every couple years just to stay fresh.......and it gets you a discount on most motorcycle insurance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 08-10-2015, 10:50 AM

Garage
Sadly no one in my city offers the class. When I asked them about it they said they don't do it very often and should just take the brc1 again... Thinking of going to race school.

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." -Brendan Gill
post #13 of 14 Old 08-12-2015, 09:30 PM

A fourth kind of training that I wish we had here in the USA, and that I see in the UK is out on the street. I feel fortunate that there is a new organization called the Empire State Motorcycle Safety Education Program starting up here in New York. They do free training in libraries and the instructor mentioned that they are developing a street course. From their website, "ESMSEP is in the process of developing a riding program called SkilledRider Safety Tours to get you out of the parking lot with real time road riding to widen your awareness and skill development." I think this is a much needed service and really, we can't wait for the MSF to do everything.

This may be something that others can ask local schools about. I think it's a huge hole in our training that could be filled.

post #14 of 14 Old 08-12-2015, 10:42 PM

I've take the California ARC and the MSRC and I enjoyed them. However I wouldn't pay for them (in the military so they were provided free). The things they teach you can be learned in a parking lot with some friends and some youtube. If you are in socal, there's a really good track riding course up here at willow springs. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page