wrecked 250r - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 05-25-2016, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy wrecked 250r

yesterday at 6pm a lady cut me off and i locked up front brake (NON- abs) and went over handle bars at 50mph. apparently i was unconscious for a few minutes according to bystanders and woke up in the ambulance. got some decent road rash on both arms, and a dislocated left knee with some possible neck injuries. my helmet hit the pavement hard and here in florida helmets are optional but i always wear one anyways and it saved my life last night. bike is most likely totaled. bought her april 20, 2012 with 0 miles on her and she had 20,977 just before crash. i can barely walk but i can't wait to get back up on a bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike2.jpg (116.1 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg bike3.jpg (87.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg bike4.jpg (77.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg bike5.jpg (88.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg bike6.jpg (66.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg bike7.jpg (80.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg bike8.jpg (67.3 KB, 49 views)

'12 CBR 250R black
2000 BMW 328i AC Schnitzer
'96 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l stroked /turbo build (in progress)

Last edited by HondaTech2010; 05-26-2016 at 08:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 05-25-2016, 05:06 PM

That's a shame, Tech. You've got to be most thankful you lived to share the story. Good luck!

(I hope this doesn't seem inappropriate, but the bike doesn't look too bad ... all things considered.)

2012 CBR 250R
2014 CBR 500R
1982 BMW R65LS
post #3 of 20 Old 05-25-2016, 05:16 PM

Sorry to read this. How did cops track her down?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 20 Old 05-25-2016, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRogers View Post
That's a shame, Tech. You've got to be most thankful you lived to share the story. Good luck!

(I hope this doesn't seem inappropriate, but the bike doesn't look too bad ... all things considered.)

idk if insurance will total it. all of the fairings were separated from the frame, both pegs sheared off and the whole front nose needs to be rebuilt. the actual drivetrain is fine, however she wont start or go in gear (probably the tip over switch)

'12 CBR 250R black
post #5 of 20 Old 05-25-2016, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown8605 View Post
Sorry to read this. How did cops track her down?
there was a good samaritan who was trying to keep me conscious i remember her yelling back "did anyone get the tag number??" and one guy said "yeah it was xxxxxx" and she was on the phone with a dispatcher and read the plate to her. im not sure how the cops tracked her down so quickly, but the cop came and told me in the hospital that the driver was charged with felony hit and run.

'12 CBR 250R black
post #6 of 20 Old 05-25-2016, 05:37 PM

Glad to hear the driver was caught. Too bad hit and run is not a very serious penalty.
Get yourself a motorcycle lawyer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 20 Old 05-25-2016, 07:46 PM

Curious what you were wearing other than the helmet as far as clothes/gear? Sounds like your injuries could have been much worse. I can't imagine that your insurance wont consider the bike a write-off. If they do are you going to get abs?
post #8 of 20 Old 05-25-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaTech2010 View Post
idk if insurance will total it. all of the fairings were separated from the frame, both pegs sheared off and the whole front nose needs to be rebuilt. the actual drivetrain is fine, however she wont start or go in gear (probably the tip over switch)
Sorry to hear, but grateful you came out of it without worse injuries. It sounds like things could have been MUCH worse in a scenario like that.
For sure your bike is totaled. You're only seeing the obvious damages, but when the insurance adjuster inspects it I guarantee you he will find a lot more things wrong than you expected.
For a bike with such a low MSRP to begin with, it doesn't take much at all to declare it a total loss and it looks from the pics that you're probably already most of the way there before he even starts checking things off his list that you're not now seeing.
I lowsided my old Ninja 250R a couple of years ago. It didn't look even a quarter as bad as your CBR, but the adjuster had it totaled within 2 minutes of arriving to inspect it.
I hope you had decent insurance coverage and can at least put that question out of your mind while you concentrate on taking care of your injuries.
You can always get another bike, but right now your priority should be taking care of yourself.
post #9 of 20 Old 05-25-2016, 11:51 PM

Sorry to hear that man = (
You're lucky it wasn't much worse
It sounds like it was a pretty bad accident
You're alive and you'll be walking again, that's what's important
post #10 of 20 Old 05-26-2016, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett30030 View Post
Curious what you were wearing other than the helmet as far as clothes/gear? Sounds like your injuries could have been much worse. I can't imagine that your insurance wont consider the bike a write-off. If they do are you going to get abs?
i was coming home from work so i dont typically wear anything but shorts and a tshirt cause it gets real hot here. ive thought about buying her back and rebuilding her, though thats not the most cost-effective option. i know it could take years to settle this especially if i sue for damages, lost work etc. if i do go that route, il just probably end up getting a 650f instead. but i like my bike and she was my baby and i took really good care of her.

'12 CBR 250R black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page