Backroads of Northern Kentucky - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 01-04-2016, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by don'tpanic View Post
I just now got around to looking up this location
https://goo.gl/maps/9CZ5mb9erou
Very close to me.
I've been down that way many times over the years. The smaller the road, the better it is.
Yes, the whole area is full of these small roads that are tailor-made for the CBR250R. Look at SE Indiana between Madison and Aurora...I love riding over there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don'tpanic View Post
Seriously, is that the camera on your phone?
Yep! I have to confess to manipulation on the computer. The raw images from my iPhone 5S are overexposed and lack sufficient contrast.

What I do is open them in Microsoft Office Picture Manager and go into Brightness and Contrast.

I cut the Brightness because this drops the peak white level to correct for the overexposure. If blacks are crushed in the shadows, I increase Midtones. As a last step I will increase Contrast if needed to bring out the crispness. The last step is what will make a picture really "pop".
don'tpanic likes this.

Last edited by Stichill; 01-04-2016 at 03:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 01-04-2016, 09:01 PM

nice pics. great concept, looks like a fun ride. I might have to borrow your idea come springtime.
Stichill likes this.
post #13 of 16 Old 03-04-2016, 08:51 AM

What windshield do you have on your bike? How do you like it? I am thinking about a zero gravity touring shield. Kinda looks like yours.

post #14 of 16 Old 03-04-2016, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Yes, it is a Zero Gravity Sport Touring. I'm 5'5" and it moved the slipstream from my neck to the center of my visor. This was a big improvement because it stopped my helmet from lifting and stopped the direct blast of cold air into my neck and up under the helmet into my face when riding in low temperatures.

It is very thin and somewhat fragile, however. A friend was helping me clean my bike and accidentally cracked it while rubbing on it a little too hard with a microfiber cloth and bug remover. I replaced it with another one, however because it just suits my needs perfectly. I have always been careful when cleaning it and haven't had any issues with breaking it myself.

Installation of any windshield that uses the stock mounting points is a chore on the CBR250R. That's not the fault of this windshield, just how our bikes are designed. You have to disassemble quite a bit of the plastics and front end, including the dashboard, to complete the installation.
oldguy50+ likes this.
post #15 of 16 Old 03-04-2016, 04:54 PM

oh man... even though there's the Rocky Mountains right by me... I moved here from central Ohio and loved exploring roads like these in southern Ohio with my old Miata; I miss that! ...I miss trees and the green.

Thanks for all the pics!
Stichill likes this.

2012 CBR250R Naked Orange
post #16 of 16 Old 03-04-2016, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

I can understand how you'd miss the roads in the lower Midwest. You could spend a lifetime exploring and still never ride them all.

The Rockies feature beautiful scenery, though. I'd like to ride them someday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page