Alpinestars GP-Pro Leather Jacket - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 07-01-2014, 03:33 PM

That's a pretty good price for a set of track leathers, but lack of perforation will really make you melt inside the suit. I use the below suit for cruises and track days. Fieldsheer Radar 2-piece. Picked it up for $200 during a special. It proved comfortable during this particular track day.

I have a Teknic 2-piece non-perforated as well that I used during another track day, and I was dripping buckets inside that suit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 07-01-2014, 04:09 PM

My buddy has the Alpinestars GP Plus jacket which has less perforation than the GP Pro. In Missouri, our average temperatures are close to, if not hotter, than yours and he never complains about being too hot.

I think that the GP Pro would have plenty of airflow for you and if you can get one for under $400, thats a ******************** good deal.
post #13 of 16 Old 01-23-2015, 08:01 AM

I have this jacket in the non perf version. Its a real nice jacket and I've worn it in the 30-40F temperature range. Leather gets cold and will also make the inside of the jacket slightly cooler. Id still suggest to layer cloths underneath, but not absolutely necessary. It also fits a bit tighter than other jackets in the A* lineup, so if you want to layer, get a size larger. Im 5'9 and 150lbs and a EU size 50 fits very snug, not even sure i could layer if i wanted to. Also if you plan to replace armor, definitely go one size up.

post #14 of 16 Old 01-23-2015, 07:35 PM

Garage
Revzilla has the Alpinestars GP plus full perf on close out for $259.99. They offer free shipping on orders over $39.99, and I've had great dealings with them in the past. I just bought it for our unforgiving hot, humid summers here in South Carolina. When I get a chance to try it it, I'll post a review.

Last edited by DarrenK; 01-23-2015 at 07:41 PM.
post #15 of 16 Old 01-23-2015, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenK View Post
Revzilla has the Alpinestars GP plus full perf on close out for $259.99. They offer free shipping on orders over $39.99, and I've had great dealings with them in the past. I just bought it for our unforgiving hot, humid summers here in South Carolina. When I get a chance to try it it, I'll post a review.
That's a great deal on that jacket... which color did you order?

For anyone who's interested, here's what Revzilla has for non-current Alpinestars Jackets on closeout: Alpinestars on Sale - Discount Alpinestars Clothing - RevZilla
Definitely some nice deals to be had this time of year.

Former Factory Test Rider/Technician
post #16 of 16 Old 01-24-2015, 08:34 AM

Garage
It sure is a great deal, that's why I couldn't pass it up. I'd been looking for a quality perf leather for a while, but I didn't want all black as my VFR is black. I ordered the white/black version to provide a little more visibility and to absorb a little less heat...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page