Riding gear in Thailand. accident review - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-18-2015, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

Riding gear in Thailand. accident review

Hi. Just wanted to share my recent experience of an accident here in Thailand and how my gear performed.

I was knocked off by some knob in his pick up. I wasn't going to fast, about 50kmh. I went down the road on my right side with my right leg under the bike for about 30 meters.

I was wearing a scoyco jk36 textile jacket and komine Kevlar and mesh jeans with a hjc rpha 10 and some cheap pro-biker gloves and some casual ankle boots

The jacket stoop up remarkably well with just some stuffing to the fake leather parts and a little tear. The armour in the elbows and shoulder did its job and I was unscathed. This jacket only cost 4000 baht and has been comfortable and well fitting. It is certainly repairable

the jeans also did well. No damage from the tarmac and the soft hip pads prevented any bruising. The hic is very badly damaged but did its job of protecting my noggin. Gloves had a plastic palm slider which is badly scuffed but again I was left unhurt. Just a sprained ankle from being under the bike.

I feel fortunate that although I wasn't going at speed that I was wearing gear. So ride safe and keep the gear on!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-18-2015, 11:05 PM

Sounds like the gear did it's job. How did the bike fare? Does it have frame sliders?

Pickup trucks are a bloody nuisance. I had one u-turn right into my lane yesterday, nearly took me off the bike. With all the lane splitting that happens here in Thailand car drivers just expect riders to go around.

Where did you get the kevlar/mesh jeans from? Need to get a pair.

Cheers
post #3 of 6 Old 04-19-2015, 12:20 AM

If i had a buck for every close call ive had here in Thailand over ten years. I could buy & sell Bill Gates. Glad to hear your ok bud. Do you have "proper" Insurance? If you need info i can hook you up.

Hope the bike aint to banged up. I hit a pack of stray dogs on X-mas eve. Wrecked nearly every fairing, headlight, blinkers, left handelbar & snapped one rear set. Repair bill is only 7000 TB. Ironically the rear sets cost more than the parts from Honda.

Take care & ride safe.

2012 Honda CBR 250RAb, Sold.
2013 CBR 600RR, Sold.
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650R, Road. (wife's)
2015 Kawasaki Z300, Road. (wife's)
2014 BMW S1000RR HP4, Road / Flying Machine. (Traded in the wife for it)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old 04-19-2015, 01:05 AM

Glad to hear you're alright. We all here in Thailand are extra careful aren't we? The things we have to get through.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-19-2015, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your messages of support. Bike not too bad. Few panel replacements and indicator. No frame sliders. Got the komine jeans from 320sp in wongwian Yai. 3000 baht. Just Google 320sp. Good shop. Loads of stuff. Back on the road soon!!
post #6 of 6 Old 04-19-2015, 03:14 AM

+1 on 320sp. Pretty awesome place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page