Motorcycle Jeans: Kevlar, Dyneema, CE Armor; Oh My! - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 36 Old 07-20-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Have you looked at dragginjeans.net at the Australian company yet? Way better looking than the American Draggin Jeans company, IMO. They're obviously more expensive, which is why I decided on their Drayko jeans sold here in the US.
I live in Australia, so im guessing the ones they stock at most motorcycle stores here are the same you were refering to in your link. I did visit numerous shops which stocked the draggins, but couldnt find any skinny fit dressy looking kevlar lined jeans, hence why I went with the Urban Kreations on ebay which costed me less than $80 a pair.

Mind you there is a good chance draggin do make such a jean, but simply dont stock them in store for the typical 'fat aussie yobo'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 Old 07-20-2012, 11:42 AM

Garage
i have a couple of shift jeans with the kevlar lining, and the denim is really thick and heavyweight. i do occasionally wear forcefield knee armour and armored compression shorts under, but they do get tight. they can pass as regular jeans anyday.

i also have a pair of cortech cargos (with kevlar/no armor) that convert into shorts, so when i get off the bike in hot weather a quick zip and im keeping cool. its easier to wear armor underneath these. only downside to those is they are pretty baggy and look more like snowboard pants. mesh lined tho, so they are super comfortable.

i snagged a closeout deal from newenough for some leather overpants by 1stgear. but the are uncomfortable to ride in hot weather. best protection on these tho. leather plus knee and hip armor. they are treated to be waterproof too.

im on the lookout to find jeans with built in armor. i was at bikenight yesterday at cyclegear, and i saw some Bilt ones... i didnt try on tho, i wasn't really feeling the look.
post #13 of 36 Old 07-20-2012, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-maca View Post
I did visit numerous shops which stocked the draggins, but couldnt find any skinny fit dressy looking kevlar lined jeans, hence why I went with the Urban Kreations on ebay which costed me less than $80 a pair.
Are they substantial enough for motorcycling? The website has people skating half-pipes and such. The kevlar coverage looks decent though. What are your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipKickz View Post
im on the lookout to find jeans with built in armor. i was at bikenight yesterday at cyclegear, and i saw some Bilt ones... i didnt try on tho, i wasn't really feeling the look.
The ones that are pre-built-in-armor-ready that I've seen are Sartso, Sliders, TKD, and American Draggin' Jeans, though a tailor could easily (read "quickly and inexpensively") add the pockets for armor if you wanted them. I may do so in my Draykos if they fit awesome when I pick them up today. I'm still deciding between the armor pockets and wearing knee pads under the jeans, which may stay in place better. I dunno, the pockets/inserts would be better than not having them and would be easier/more comfortable to leave in place while off the bike if they're the right shape. I'm new to all this, so any feedback would be appreciated.

C'mon, sko sko sko!

Last edited by Rusty Shackleford; 07-20-2012 at 12:24 PM.

post #14 of 36 Old 07-20-2012, 12:57 PM

Garage
I just get discouraged because on top of high prices, the retailers around me are kinda limited... There's not much to try on, and they can run mighty expensive and then some if you do the back and forth with online retailers trying to get the right fit. Relying on reviews and how things fit is pretty difficult, given the variety of size and builds of everyone....

I thought of getting pockets put in, but the forcefield armor i purchased fits and feels great, plus i like that i can take them off if im going to hang out somewhere before i get back on the bike. they are easier to store than trying to store a pair of armoured pants...
post #15 of 36 Old 07-20-2012, 04:55 PM

Thanked 1,465 Times in 802 Posts
Garage
Just arrived home from purchasing 2 pair of Sartso Kevlar jeans. One pair is the Jade, the other black cargo. I love them.

Kudo's to Rusty for suggesting the Jade. I was leaning towards the Firered but they are not as comfy as the Jade. This is a head's up to the ladies on this forum....I highly suggest trying them on before ordering on the internet as they fit minimally 2 sizes too small, and the styles differ greatly in the fit as well. My theory on the sizing is.....not sure where they are manufactured, but, it must be by Filipino women who are sooo tiny they are invisible lol. The sales person did mention the sizing is way off, even for men.

The cargo is awesome for a roomy fit and great for (men cover your ears lol) our "fat" days. They have a drawstring inside the waist band to tighten as desired. They fit and look just as advertised on the website. Apparently they are a popular purchase.

Both pair can be worn in every day wear if one desires as they look and fit like a normal casual pant/jean. Now I just have to get and ride in them. Not today however as it is raining.

"WHAT'S NORMAL ANYWAYS" Forrest Gump

Honda cbr500r current ride
Honda cbr250r (Sumiko
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sold)
Honda cbf1000 (sold)
HD Sportster (sold the thing, hated it)
2007 Dyson Vacuum Cleaner (and no, it has not lost suction
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

Last edited by live_to_ride; 07-21-2012 at 11:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to live_to_ride For This Useful Post:
Empty Sea (07-20-2012)
post #16 of 36 Old 07-20-2012, 07:14 PM

I have a Motoport Cordura jacket(with D30 armor attached) that is great during the rain, so I went with the Motoport jeans....

Been over 2 months and still haven't received them, then they tell me they need me to send in a pair of my pants. Their customer service is terrible...Looking into other jeans at the moment

Black and red all over...

Currently: Racetech Springs - BelRay Fork 5w Oil - 13t Front Sprocket- Spiegler Brake Lines - Adjustable Levers - Sportbikes Unlimited Bar Ends/Sliders - Pilot Road 3's(best upgrade yet!)

Installing soon: Racetech Emulators - Silkolene Fork Oil - 40t Sprocket - 55w HID

Next on the Buy List: Jardine Exhaust

post #17 of 36 Old 07-20-2012, 07:33 PM

It should be noted that while Kevlar(tm) and aramid re-enforced pants will help with the road rash, they won't do anything to prevent your knee cap from shattering on the pavement/against an obstacle. The best protection will have armor around your knees.
post #18 of 36 Old 07-20-2012, 08:45 PM

I am in the same situation of looking for a good pair of jeans with armor. I already have a pair of Firstgear leather over pants, from Motorcyclegear.com, but I tend not to wear it in the heat.

Right now I am looking at Sliders jeans. Although Sliders does not have full kevlar/CE abrasion resistance, it has CE knee protection and moderate kevlar coverage. I figure that if I am just wearing regular jeans right now, any upgrade will be better. In addition, it seems to have one of the lowest prices out of all the armored jeans.

Here is a link: Sliders Kevlar Motorcycle Riding Jeans 4.0 - Compacc

Anyone have experience with these? Anyone see any critical concerns after watching the review video?

In addition, despite knowing that bother materials would do poorly in an abrasion test, how much more protective do you think denim would be compared to the "heavy duty" cotton found in the Sliders Cargo pants?

So far, all of the information here is great. Keep it rolling!

Last edited by Armored Tech; 07-20-2012 at 08:55 PM.
post #19 of 36 Old 07-20-2012, 10:47 PM

I have a pair of Resolute kevlar jeans with pockets for knee and hip armour.The knee armour fits over the knee while standing but on bike rides up when you bend your knee so not sure how much help it would be in a crash.Other than that I am very pleased with the quality,fit and price.Also very quick delivery from east coast(AU) to west coast.
Resolute Kevlar Jeans - best value motorcycle riding jeans
post #20 of 36 Old 07-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Kit

One great brand I haven't seen mentioned here is Hood jeans from the UK. I have a pair and they're very comfortable. Thick denim and a ton of woven kevlar, with optional armor pockets as well in the hips and knees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page