Motorcycle Jeans: Kevlar, Dyneema, CE Armor; Oh My! - Page 4 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 Old 07-28-2012, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Update

I got my closeout Drayko Drifters back from the tailor last week!

When I dropped them off, they had the "I look like a doofus" fit like the "Drifters" in this picture...

After I got them back, they had the "hey, these are a legitimately fashionable pair of jeans" fit like the "Drifts" in this picture...

A lot of people may think going to a tailor is an extra hassle of a process, but these pants are expenseive and built to keep you safe, so IMO, it's more than worth it.

C'mon, sko sko sko!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 07-28-2012, 05:27 PM

Thanked 1,465 Times in 802 Posts
Garage
I am sure enjoying my Sartso cargo pants. Extremely comfy but cool looking as well. I wld recommend them to any lady who rides. Enjoy them so much hav'nt tried the Jade style yet lol

"WHAT'S NORMAL ANYWAYS" Forrest Gump

Honda cbr500r current ride
Honda cbr250r (Sumiko
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sold)
Honda cbf1000 (sold)
HD Sportster (sold the thing, hated it)
2007 Dyson Vacuum Cleaner (and no, it has not lost suction
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #33 of 36 Old 05-12-2016, 10:51 AM

Bohn Armour

I purchased a pair of Bohn Armour cool mesh pants. You can wear them under any of your pants. They are pretty comfortable. I wear 36X32 Lee/Levis jeans. I got the medium because I didn't want them to be too loose and it was a good choice. I live in Connecticut and ride the highway to work(sometimes 85mph) so I wanted some protection. They have only knee and hip pads and cost $147.00 total shipped with AMA discount. Came in three days from California.

post #34 of 36 Old 05-15-2016, 02:18 PM

I have Sliders 4.0 in jeans and cargos. They're nice and heavy, I can add knee/shin armor and armored shorts with no problem (roomy/baggy). Slender people often find them too baggy. There are slimmer cuts available now. The extra weight of the Sliders is a hinderance in hotter weather. So, I picked up some Speed and Strength jeans. The Rage... version with the knee armor and the Run.... version without. Much more fashionable and comfy, much lighter and probably less protective.

@gobbs Thanks for the post. Let us know how the Bohn mesh pants hold up. I've been curious about them for some time but have some doubts about the durability of the mesh material.

Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all. -Helen Keller
post #35 of 36 Old 05-15-2016, 10:00 PM

I'm glad to have found this thread. I'm in the market for jeans. I will keep you posted on my decision. Thanks for all above posters.
post #36 of 36 Old 05-16-2016, 02:28 PM

Bohn Armor Pants

So far I rode with them to work 2 days. First day I kept them on at work all day. Second day I took them off at work(not hard to do at my job). When you walk around in them the knee pads do start to move, so you may have to fix them under your jeans a little at first. By the end of the second day they started to stay in place better. It's like they broke in to the jeans nice and are fitting better. They stay in place while I'm ride and you hardly know they're on. It was like 53 degrees in the morning 70 degrees riding home. They were perfect, I'm wondering how they'll be on warmer days. Hope my knees are safe. I didn't ride my bike today, still beat from riding my Ktm in the woods last weekend. I do have a nice pair of Leatt 3DF knee pads for riding dirt bikes. And MSR and FOX padded shorts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page