Warm glove suggestions - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 02-13-2016, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks guys for all the input. I live in Texas, so it does not get stupid cold often. However lately its been really nice out during the day 60'sF or 70'sF. However at night or in the morning its been in the 30's or 40's. I have a very good heat tolerance, but not so good with the cold. I mostly just commute on my bike. I live on the edge between suburbia and the sticks. So any trip more than 15 miles, I am looking at the highway. Its mostly my fingers I have issues with, I start to lose feeling in them other than pain. Then it can take a good while for them to get normal again once I am at my destination.
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on some liners for my current gloves. If they work, great! If not I might pick up a pair of those patrol gloves, or those BILTS to go over them. I have thought about heated grips. I want to try and warm up with gear first though, because that will carry over if I add another bike to my stable or decide I want a different bike later down the road. I love my Maya, but she came to me with some scars. I might want something newer later once I have more experience protecting and caring for a bike.

2012 CBR 250R "Maya"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 02-13-2016, 03:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by benh972 View Post
Thanks guys for all the input. I live in Texas, so it does not get stupid cold often. However lately its been really nice out during the day 60'sF or 70'sF. However at night or in the morning its been in the 30's or 40's. I have a very good heat tolerance, but not so good with the cold. I mostly just commute on my bike. I live on the edge between suburbia and the sticks. So any trip more than 15 miles, I am looking at the highway. Its mostly my fingers I have issues with, I start to lose feeling in them other than pain. Then it can take a good while for them to get normal again once I am at my destination.
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on some liners for my current gloves. If they work, great! If not I might pick up a pair of those patrol gloves, or those BILTS to go over them. I have thought about heated grips. I want to try and warm up with gear first though, because that will carry over if I add another bike to my stable or decide I want a different bike later down the road. I love my Maya, but she came to me with some scars. I might want something newer later once I have more experience protecting and caring for a bike.
If you go with the hotwired they may only last a year or two but ive never had a problem with a exchange, I just take them in and they give me a new pair.
I DO NOT trust cyclegears helmets or jackets though from previous experiences.

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." -Brendan Gill
post #13 of 13 Old 02-13-2016, 04:58 PM

I have a pair of "hippo hands" that were made by a company in Europe somewhere. Tucano Urbano

Tucano R321N is the tag inside one of them.

This particular model is NLA (Why?).

I used an off-brand of HH back in the 80's when I rode my sidecar rig all winter, in Indiana. They do the trick.
I have a pair of battery operated heated gloves that I bought for snow blowing, and they are bulky as all get out, and would be dangerous on a motorcycle.

This pair of Tucanos that I have are perfect for the CBR250R. They have attachment points that slip over the bar-end weights to hold them in place at speed (so as to not compress either the clutch or brake levers).
They have a weird metal strap that connects the two, across the handlebar, that makes them hard for a casual thief to take them off of your bike.
They are made for a bike with fairing mounted mirrors, as they have no opening for mirror stalks on the handlebar.

They cost me just shy of $100 to have them shipped from England (Urban Rider) in 2013.
Other than some dust and spider webs, they are like new.

Should be easier (and cheaper) to ship than a muffler...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT4860.JPG (801.9 KB, 6 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page