Introducing the smart helmet! - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By MotoMike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-10-2016, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Introducing the smart helmet!

Has anybody seen the skully ar-1 helmet? This helmet is heaven sent, but around 1500 dollars. Its got a heads up display, built in bluetooth, a automatic shading visor, and a camera on the back of the helmet that displays on the heads up display. Its also a very cool looking helmet. What are your thoughts?? ImageUploadedByMO Free1460340978.304293.jpgImageUploadedByMO Free1460340988.874107.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

"You Don't need a therapist if you own a motorcycle, any kind of motorcycle!" - Dan Akroyd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-11-2016, 12:10 AM

Garage
I think it is pretty cool but definitely not with the $1500. I would love to have a helmet like this one day but only after the price comes down and im out of college :P
ChaseOnTwoWheels did a good first impressions video of the helmet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig2bd7jxq5k

2012 CBR250R Black
Mods:
Racetech springs and emulators, Yamaha R6 shock, Yoshi Rearset Risers, Babyface GP Shift adapter, EBC HH Sintered Front and Rear Brake Pads, CBR600RR pegs, Mirror delete with CBR600RR block offs, Ebay Bar-end mirror, Red LED dash, The2Wheels levers, Homemade Fender Eliminator, LED Blinkers, Tank pads and grips, CBR300R seat, Spider Peak red Grips, Vortex Clip ons, DFC, Delkevic 14' Slip on, Spiegler Braided Front Brake Line,Black Rims
Soon to be mods:
Big Bore?
post #3 of 5 Old 04-11-2016, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Yes! Chase on two wheels got straight to the point! Its definitely a great looking helmet, but steep in price

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

"You Don't need a therapist if you own a motorcycle, any kind of motorcycle!" - Dan Akroyd

post #4 of 5 Old 04-12-2016, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,940 Posts
Too expensive... that $1500 would cover the cost of three mid priced Shoei's or Arai's over the course of 20 years.

As for the HUD, Bluetooth, etc. I'm not into having extra techie gadgets on my bikes*. Everything I need to be aware of while riding is available just by looking through the helmet shield... mirrors, instrument cluster, and the road ahead. For myself, anything else is just an unnecessary distraction.

* My iphone goes along for the ride in my tail bag.
Schroeder likes this.

Former Factory Test Rider/Technician
post #5 of 5 Old 04-12-2016, 08:39 PM

Cool lid. Too expensive. It will be interesting to see if HUD technology permeates into the rest of the helmet industry and we see some cheaper options. I would love to test one and see if the HUD is beneficial or too distracting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page