Anyone order motorcycle gear from WISH - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Big F1 Fan
  • 1 Post By MotoMike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 04-11-2018, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Anyone order motorcycle gear from WISH

I was scrolling through facebook the other day and saw a few adds on WISH for a knockoff of OGIO backpack, it should usually cost almost $400 on Wish its $62, yes i know its a knockoff but has anyone order anything like that? they also have very cheap knockoff protective gauntlet style gloves too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-11-2018, 04:49 PM

Location: Saint Charles, IL. A really nice little far-west Chicago suburb in northeast Illinois.
Garage
@blissman20-

I don't think the words "cheap" & "knockoff" belong anywhere near the word "protective." I would never knowingly buy or use counterfeit protective gear, especially when my life may be depending on that gear.

Before I say anymore, I should let you know that I have never personally ordered anything from WISH. My opinions are formed from watching numerous Youtube videos of people taking "WISH challenges", if you will, and almost universally finding the items to be practically worthless.

I would take reviews of anything ordered from WISH with about a thousand grains of salt. However, you sound like you're well aware that the items are 100% fake, and if you're willing to forgo quality, reliability and lasting usefulness to save a few $'s on non-essential riding kit - go for it. I'd like to hear a success story from a WISH customer - there must be SOME good products on there, right? Good luck!
MotoMike likes this.

-dreaming of beautiful weather and empty roads....
post #3 of 10 Old 04-11-2018, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

I havent ordered off WISH yet either. I have never even heard of a WISH Challenge (guess Ill have to spend sometime on YOUTUBE). I have ordered off of other similar sites for drones and other electronics and have never had an issue. I am more interested in the backpack personally. I guess I will have to order it and see what it is like, Yes I know it is knockoff and cheap but I dont want to spend $400 on a backpack to wear while i travel too and from work, does that make me stupid, i dont know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big F1 Fan View Post
@blissman20-

I don't think the words "cheap" & "knockoff" belong anywhere near the word "protective." I would never knowingly buy or use counterfeit protective gear, especially when my life may be depending on that gear.

Before I say anymore, I should let you know that I have never personally ordered anything from WISH. My opinions are formed from watching numerous Youtube videos of people taking "WISH challenges", if you will, and almost universally finding the items to be practically worthless.

I would take reviews of anything ordered from WISH with about a thousand grains of salt. However, you sound like you're well aware that the items are 100% fake, and if you're willing to forgo quality, reliability and lasting usefulness to save a few $'s on non-essential riding kit - go for it. I'd like to hear a success story from a WISH customer - there must be SOME good products on there, right? Good luck!

post #4 of 10 Old 04-11-2018, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blissman20 View Post
I havent ordered off WISH yet either. I have never even heard of a WISH Challenge (guess Ill have to spend sometime on YOUTUBE). I have ordered off of other similar sites for drones and other electronics and have never had an issue. I am more interested in the backpack personally. I guess I will have to order it and see what it is like, Yes I know it is knockoff and cheap but I dont want to spend $400 on a backpack to wear while i travel too and from work, does that make me stupid, i dont know.
Haven't seen any backpacks from OGIO costing $400...

OGIO Backpacks from the Official Site & Free Shipping!

As for protective gloves and other riding apparel, I'd recommend sticking to one of the known reputable motorcycle brands, (like Alpinestars, my personal preference in riding apparel). I certainly wouldn't trust some cheap knock-off counterfeit product to protect my skin from road rash.

Former Factory Test Rider/Technician

Last edited by MotoMike; 04-11-2018 at 08:49 PM.
post #5 of 10 Old 04-11-2018, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

My mistake approximately $300 CDN when you figure shipping in. My gear is joe rocket or icon so far. I am eyeing up Alpinestars gloves they look good and watching a few reviews they seem good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
Quote:
Haven't seen any backpacks from OGIO costing $400...

OGIO Backpacks from the Official Site & Free Shipping!

As for protective gloves and other riding apparel, I'd recommend sticking to one of the known reputable motorcycle brands, (like Alpinestars, my personal preference in riding apparel). I certainly wouldn't trust some cheap knock-off counterfeit product to protect my skin from road rash.
post #6 of 10 Old 04-12-2018, 02:52 PM

Location: Saint Charles, IL. A really nice little far-west Chicago suburb in northeast Illinois.
Garage
Quote:
I dont want to spend $400 on a backpack to wear while i travel too and from work, does that make me stupid, i dont know.
Heck no, I don't think that's stupid! I think that's what I'd call rolling the dice and seeing what happens. You never know - it could be a great deal and last just as long as a high $ version at a fraction of the price. Saving money is never stupid in my book, and it's fun to take a chance sometimes.

I also have to admit that I've never tried to look for videos of good WISH experiences, all of the ones I've seen have been the click-baity type of videos that sucker me in. I'm sure that there has to be a bunch of good deals to be had on WISH, the outlet is too big to be full of 100% bad products. I've seen a few things on there myself that I wouldn't mind having - but so far I've had enough self-control to stay away from any merchant websites anytime around my payday, haha.

I'd love to hear your experience, good or bad if you do decide to roll the dice. I'd be curious to read an unbiased opinion from a real person, not some 18 year old youtube "personality" trying to get as many views as possible.

-dreaming of beautiful weather and empty roads....
post #7 of 10 Old 04-12-2018, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

I ended up watching 2 wish challenge videos yesterday then, one was for fishing which I was pleasantly surprised with. The other was some millennial punk who is a social justice warrior purchasing clothes and “swag” I wouldn’t be caught dead in. I’m still contemplating ordering the bag. A few things happened today, I purchased used icon airmada future suture helmet and used icon gloves and got served papers regarding my separation at work so I won’t be spending much money for awhile.

Quote:
Quote:
I dont want to spend $400 on a backpack to wear while i travel too and from work, does that make me stupid, i dont know.
Heck no, I don't think that's stupid! I think that's what I'd call rolling the dice and seeing what happens. You never know - it could be a great deal and last just as long as a high $ version at a fraction of the price. Saving money is never stupid in my book, and it's fun to take a chance sometimes.

I also have to admit that I've never tried to look for videos of good WISH experiences, all of the ones I've seen have been the click-baity type of videos that sucker me in. I'm sure that there has to be a bunch of good deals to be had on WISH, the outlet is too big to be full of 100% bad products. I've seen a few things on there myself that I wouldn't mind having - but so far I've had enough self-control to stay away from any merchant websites anytime around my payday, haha.

I'd love to hear your experience, good or bad if you do decide to roll the dice. I'd be curious to read an unbiased opinion from a real person, not some 18 year old youtube "personality" trying to get as many views as possible.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-13-2018, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,940 Posts
Quote:
I ended up watching 2 wish challenge videos yesterday then, one was for fishing which I was pleasantly surprised with. The other was some millennial punk who is a social justice warrior purchasing clothes and “swag” I wouldn’t be caught dead in. I’m still contemplating ordering the bag. A few things happened today, I purchased used icon airmada future suture helmet and used icon gloves and got served papers regarding my separation at work so I won’t be spending much money for awhile.
Well that's a real bummer about your job, sorry to hear that.

Have to say though, that buying someone's used helmet is not a good idea, if for no other reason than not knowing with any certainty whether that helmet has taken an impact. Even a drop onto a hard surface from just a few feet can compromise the integrity of the shell... safety helmets are intended to do their job just once.
Schroeder likes this.

Former Factory Test Rider/Technician
post #9 of 10 Old 04-13-2018, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

I never thought about that with a helmet. Can’t change it now, it’s not damaged at all, not even a scratch. Guy said he only wore it twice and it was too big for him. I took the liners out to hand wash them and air dry and doesn’t look like any damage inside either. Fingers crossed I guess

Quote:
Quote:

post #10 of 10 Old 11-16-2018, 12:18 PM

Check this out:

https://www.mcgearhub.com/motorcycle...urygan-asf-10/

TL;DR:

The counterfeit Chinese gloves where of sub-par quality and could not be relied upon to protect in an actual crash.

When you consider the risks and the high stakes of a potential Hospital visit and bills in excess of $100,000 dollars you can see that it would be foolish and a "false economy" to try to save $100 bucks with counterfeit safety gear that cannot be trusted. Not to mention the month it takes to arrive from China. You may crash before the package arrives from China.

I dont mind buying a phoney Michael Kors purse for my gf or some phoney Versace jeans or Lacoste polos but certainly I would not trust safety gear that is not legitimate. And if you search you can find brand name gear for very low prices. For example here is my setup:

AFX FX-95 helmet: $40 shipped
CorTech Adrenaline 2 Gauntlet Gloves: $79
AGV Sport Textile Jacket with Armor: $99
Joe Rocket textile pants with armor: $60
Sidi Tour Air boots: $125

So as you can see I am well protected and it did not cost me a fortune. Go to froogle.com and type in a search for the exact product you are looking for.

Anybody can buy full gear from head to toe for under $500. You dont really need Shoei helmet. AFX makes good helmets in Taiwan (not China) and they are very cheap. The FX-95 comes in so many colors and I love it. I tried out and returned 4 other helmets (Even and Icon and Scorpion helmet) and liked how the AFX FX-95 felt even better than the others and for a fraction of the price.

Last edited by Radha21; 11-16-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page