LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 Old 12-28-2012, 08:43 PM

L.L. Bean Men's Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers

In black, narrow, laced up tight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 12-28-2012, 09:07 PM

Good looking boots.

Realize this is off topic, but the Bean fleece lined jeans are great for riding in cool to cold weather. They wear well in the office after you are off the bike. I ride without over pants in 40 degree weather for a few miles without getting cold. With rain pants over the top one could ride for a good distance.
post #13 of 25 Old 12-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,940 Posts
I've found Alpinestars S-MX 5 boots to be very comfortable, both on and off the bike. Would I wear them all day at work?... No.
Are they like walking (clodding) around in plastic ski boots?... Not even close.

As a general rule of thumb, footwear suitable for all day walking around comfort, is not well suited to providing adequate protection on a motorcycle.

My view may be somewhat narrow when it comes to apparel for motorcycling... I don't wear gear that is a compromise. Whether I'm riding on, or off road that's all I'm doing... motorcycle riding. I don't use my bikes to go shopping, pick up a loaf of bread, or to run other types of errands. For me, motorcycling is it's own purpose. Nothing else matters when I'm riding.

post #14 of 25 Old 12-28-2012, 10:36 PM

I got this last year. Perfect for the CBR 250R.

Alpinstar's Fastlane
post #15 of 25 Old 12-28-2012, 11:46 PM

I wear a pair of brown Sketcher boots to work when I ride. Really comfortable a pretty inexpensive and they work well with khakis and jeans. They are also waterproof and they feel good while riding. They cover the ankle which is important. The sport rider boots look too out of place for me to wear to work. I'm gonna pick up a Black pair of the Sketchers to go with my next gear purchase Black/white Dainese jacket.

You can find them here... or at your local Khols, JCPenny.

'14 Honda CB500X

SOLD-'12 Honda CBR 250 Tri-Color
Akrapovic Carbon Fiber Exhaust
post #16 of 25 Old 12-29-2012, 10:57 AM

Boots

I rode in high top work boots with soft toes until I whacked my toes and lower foot on a post after hitting a slick spot in a curve during the rain. Part of why I am commenting so much on this issue.

Off topic but hopefully useful, if you are a AAA member their supplemental accident insurance covers up to $1,200 in medical costs for injuries sustained on a street legal motorcycle. I have never used the coverage so not sure how good their claims process is, but signed up for it this year, $7.50 for the year, when I noticed this. Wonder if their towing provisions will allow motorcycle pickup if you've broken down?
post #17 of 25 Old 12-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrate View Post
I rode in high top work boots with soft toes until I whacked my toes and lower foot on a post after hitting a slick spot in a curve during the rain. Part of why I am commenting so much on this issue.

Off topic but hopefully useful, if you are a AAA member their supplemental accident insurance covers up to $1,200 in medical costs for injuries sustained on a street legal motorcycle. I have never used the coverage so not sure how good their claims process is, but signed up for it this year, $7.50 for the year, when I noticed this. Wonder if their towing provisions will allow motorcycle pickup if you've broken down?
From what I've heard, AAA towing doesn't cover motorcycles, however I don't know that this is fact.

Membership in the American Motorcycle Association (AMA) offers members optional roadside assistance.

IMO, every motorcyclist should look at joining the AMA.

American Motorcyclist Association

Last edited by MotoMike; 12-29-2012 at 11:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MotoMike For This Useful Post:
ngrate (12-29-2012)
post #18 of 25 Old 12-29-2012, 12:16 PM

Garage
I love the C width in this Red Wing Pecos work boot; available in B through triple E widths. It ain't cheap, but I've worn them for 30+ years.

Product Detail

But for touring or significant dirt, I wear Sidi Adventure Rain boots. Waterproof and good ankle protection, but they are NOT walking boots.

More Product Detail ;-)

John: '09CRF230L (Li'l Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Propelled by Penguin Power
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster
1st bike: a gently used 1958 Matchless 250 thumper

Last edited by jsonder; 12-29-2012 at 12:26 PM.
post #19 of 25 Old 12-29-2012, 12:39 PM

my icon reign arent to comfterable to walk in, thats why i carry some vibram fivefingers kso's in my back pack, light weight and doesnt take up much space at all. just change over to them when i get to work.
post #20 of 25 Old 12-29-2012, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for all the replies. My only transportation is the bike and I work two jobs, neither of which requires a lot of walking. I had would like to just carry a second pair of shoes with me, but usually don't have the room. by looking at all the different responses, I have a really good idea of what to look for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page