My first controversial topic - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 33 Old 06-16-2014, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

"Your argument that people shouldn't use the search function, or scroll through existing threads in the various forums to find info, sounds a bit like you're defending laziness

I never said they should never use the search forum, I said members should not get bent out of shape and say search the forum and don't ask us a question already here that has already been ask here...

I am not defending being lazy, I discouraging being hostile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 Old 06-16-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapb1071 View Post
at Mike , you wrote this > 'What's the the best oil for the 250R'...
Are you referring to me? I can assure you that I have never posted a question asking "What's the the best oil for the 250R". But I must admit that it sounds like a really good, original question that nobody else has likely thought to ask.

Mike
post #13 of 33 Old 06-16-2014, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR250R View Post
Are you referring to me? I can assure you that I have never posted a question asking "What's the the best oil for the 250R". But I must admit that it sounds like a really good, original question that nobody else has likely thought to ask.

Mike
Billy was referring to my previous post, where I was using "What's the best oil for the CBR250R?" as a classic example of a question that only has been asked a few dozen times here... the redundant threads asking questions of which the answers are clear as day and in black & white in the Owner's Manual are my all time favorites.

https://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-s...ead-index.html ... Clearly we don't have enough of these threads.
The Following User Says Thank You to MotoMike For This Useful Post:
Thump (07-04-2014)

post #14 of 33 Old 06-16-2014, 02:12 PM

Garage
I honestly have no idea where the OP is trying to take this.

Any forum you go to where the same question is asked over and over and over until you are blue in the face will tell you to use the search function. There are so many great topics on the forums that the posters are no longer active, and no longer post here, but the information there is great information and can be found by just searching.
People post new topics about the same exact thing that has been asked tons of times then its just pointless since they could of found the answer by just looking around. Instead they are just lazy and want other people to look for them.

I also find it really sad the only topic you brought up is the one MotoMike was in on the oil thread.. No we don't have enough oil topics as is.. Now maybe if some new oil came out and someone made a topic about it, that is one thing, but asking what the best oil to use in a bike is plain out retarded and the owner really should be riding more than worrying about what is best to use. Oil is freaking oil, and everyone has their own selection, there will NEVER be a time everyone will agree on a best oil to use, More less have a way to prove its the best.

Anyways, Not sure where the OP is trying to go with this, but I find it pretty dang funny.

Didn't know someone telling someone to use the search function because its there for a reason meant they were "bent out of shape" as you say.. You must not of ever been active on too many forums...
post #15 of 33 Old 06-17-2014, 12:21 AM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 832 Posts
billy - responded to a question today on whether or not
the guy had fitted his oil filter properly, by advising him
to use 'oil change' in the search box..

this was because his description of what he was afraid of
about how he installed his filter didnt give an info on
how he installed it or other clues as to what might
have caused the things he was afraid of..
no point just giving him guesswork..

also, being his first oil change, and having doubts
i thought it best to direct him to diy videos and
other member hints on this specific subject..
there may be other things he should know
not raised in his questions..

ie, this was a short, direct, helpful response..
sending him directly to all the information..

he said he had searched, but couldnt find anything..
knowing theres heaps of excellent information
stored here, giving him a search key for that
specific information was a direct response
to him 'searching but not finding anything'..

cant help but be amused by your SHOUTING
[writing in capital letters] about others getting
upset about posts..
its like the bloke dying of apoplexy
one bloke telling another that
'he went into a rage about
people getting angry'

this is a community of like minded people
sharing a common interest and lifestyle
centered here around honda cbr250r
and motorcycling generally..

my take on this is that members here
tend to be genuine motorcyclists and
good citizens from societies around
the world, often going out of their way
to be helpful to novices and others..

remember mate, just as others may ignore
repeated requests for the same information
so you may also ignore other members'
responding to those showing disrespect..
no-one, is forced to enter this site
or to respond to anyone on it..
post #16 of 33 Old 06-17-2014, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR250R View Post

Mike
motomike i believe is who i was talking too..Listen I was just trying to suggest you all be a bit kinder. Do what you all want but what i said has merit. Try to be kinder and just answer the person Question if you can, no need to say "all you have to do is search the forum and there was no need for a new post on that" those kind of comments are hostile imo !

Last edited by 5005; 06-17-2014 at 10:01 PM.
post #17 of 33 Old 06-18-2014, 03:55 AM

My first controversial topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapb1071 View Post
motomike i believe is who i was talking too..Listen I was just trying to suggest you all be a bit kinder. Do what you all want but what i said has merit. Try to be kinder and just answer the person Question if you can, no need to say "all you have to do is search the forum and there was no need for a new post on that" those kind of comments are hostile imo !

Hi Billy, if you find those sorts of comments hostile then I urge you for your own sake to stay away from other (non moderated) MC online forums. A very thick skin armed with a dry wit is a minimum requirement to participate in those forums. Given the wide ranging types of members our 250 attract I think the mods here do a great job fwiw and we should be a little more appreciative for the time and effort put they put in.

Last edited by DamianW; 06-18-2014 at 03:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DamianW For This Useful Post:
Thump (07-04-2014)
post #18 of 33 Old 06-18-2014, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianW View Post
Hi Billy, if you find those sorts of comments hostile then I urge you for your own sake to stay away from other (non moderated) MC online forums. A very thick skin armed with a dry wit is a minimum requirement to participate in those forums. Given the wide ranging types of members our 250 attract I think the mods here do a great job fwiw and we should be a little more appreciative for the time and effort put they put in.

LOL , WOW Really you all need to stop getting your panties in a wad over a simple suggestion to try to a be a bit more friendly . Some of you may think you're not being unfriendly and that is fine, but it is my humble opinion sometimes members can be harsh to other members who post a question asked before.

LOL Also , No I am not offended by anything a person say or does to me on this site and no this post has nothing to do with anything a member said or did to me, all I wanted to do, was simply point out something that could be changed for the greater good of all, it is up to you all to humbly accept the creditism or go on and act the way you all have been .

I always try to be non controversial on this forum as this is my first post ever with creditism. As I said before, there is simply no reason to get upset with members and say search before you ask a Question and the creditism was a simple suggestion to make the forum better, choice to take it or not.

How ever, some of the replies to this post has proven a point in general, how hostile members can be on here ! lol peace to all you. do what you all want and no I am not offended by what any of you think ! I know my reason was based on helping the forum only and i feel no shame or guilt for trying so your words dont offend me personally..

I am not sure how much more clear I can make it, the post was a simple simple suggestion to make the forum a better place for all

Last edited by 5005; 06-18-2014 at 03:09 PM.
post #19 of 33 Old 06-19-2014, 12:48 AM
Banned

This is too controversial for me.

I'll stick to 'Circumcision of infants without medial issue should be illegal and a human rights crime' type topics on other forums.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dalap For This Useful Post:
5005 (06-19-2014), Thump (07-04-2014)
post #20 of 33 Old 06-19-2014, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalap View Post
This is too controversial for me.

I'll stick to 'Circumcision of infants without medial issue should be illegal and a human rights crime' type topics on other forums.
well there will be some infant when grown up will thank you , i THINK LOL

Honestly i didn't think I would had created such a stir over this , Had I known it would I would had never posted this ! My intentions were well meant lol, but it seems they have become a monster of serts !

Last edited by 5005; 06-19-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page