My first controversial topic - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 33 Old 06-19-2014, 09:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapb1071 View Post
well there will be some infant when grown up will thank you
There would be billions thankful in the first 20 years.

Of course it should be illegal and a crime against human rights (irreversible mutilation of another without consent or medical issue, forever robbing both them and their partner of the full pleasure they deserve.)

But hey, this topic here is controversial enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dalap For This Useful Post:
5005 (06-19-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 Old 06-19-2014, 10:38 PM

What in the world is this forum coming to...

I really don't see a purpose in this thread; it's obvious newbs should search first and not be lazy. It is also in every person's right who have been through the ropes to remind these folks to search before crowding the threads with repeated topics they haven't bothered to search for, making it more difficult for future new members to find constructive information when some people actually DO use the search function.

You say that people don't need to be reminded to search, when they obviously haven't. Therefore, I think it is pertinent to remind them to use that function first. This thread sounds like nothing but Dalap bait to me.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
The Following User Says Thank You to cbrlocal For This Useful Post:
MotoMike (06-20-2014)
post #23 of 33 Old 06-20-2014, 12:08 AM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 832 Posts
billy - things arent always exactly as they might seem
from the written word.. seems to me that your good
intentions and concern for friendliness etc, may have
causes you to perhaps read more aggression into
some responses than are intended..

bear in mind that directing questions to the search box
can be, and sometimes are, the best way to help
the questioner [as i have done before]..

also that mods of open inet sites must do some
good housekeeping to keep the site from being
clogged up with unnecessary repetitions of
the same old question..

sensitive people, as you seem to be,
can also be more sensitive to words
and meanings.. sometimes reading
more into words than is intended..
thats all
The Following User Says Thank You to shisoshin For This Useful Post:
MotoMike (06-20-2014)

post #24 of 33 Old 06-21-2014, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrlocal View Post
What in the world is this forum coming to...

I really don't see a purpose in this thread; it's obvious newbs should search first and not be lazy. It is also in every person's right who have been through the ropes to remind these folks to search before crowding the threads with repeated topics they haven't bothered to search for, making it more difficult for future new members to find constructive information when some people actually DO use the search function.

You say that people don't need to be reminded to search, when they obviously haven't. Therefore, I think it is pertinent to remind them to use that function first. This thread sounds like nothing but Dalap bait to me.

dalap has nothing to do with my post and again it was a simple suggestion to all to be nicer on here, nothing more and nothing less, you have all read more into this then there is! I din't think suggesting to be nicer would outrage so many and make many think there is a conspiracy !

again it was only a suggestion to be nicer, nothing more and nothing less should be read into this, also lol I cant stress this enough, this has nothing to do with me as far as anyone upsetting me in the forum and even if i am sensitive that would be unrelated to my posy here suggesting to members try to be more polite and nicer to new members . this is about good manners !

I mean lol wow, it is simply a suggestion to be nicer as there is simply no reason to blast a member for asking a question and look I am not saying not to tell them to search but try to help them first and then if all else fails then suggest they search and if you have to say search first then at least say it in a nice way.. LOL I don't believe I am the sensitive one here in this post, I would say it is the ones who found this post and go off about it as the ones who are sensitive lol

who would had thought suggesting to members to be nicer to other members would get so politica and blasted full of speculations . good thing I didnt suggest no one give their used unused parts away lol

as for am I sensitive, I can be if something was said to me that is uncalled , but I have never been attacked in this forum so this is NOT ABOUT ME PEOPLE LOL, but I do hate to see and read posts where members are unkind to one another, so I did make this post to suggest to all members be nice to each other AND THAT EVEN GO BEYOND THE Q AND SEARCH POINT I MADE. If I think something could be better than I am the type who will speak up for others but raley do I speak up for myself and I have seen members who blast members for asking a Q without searching first and there is no good reason for that ! also try to remember not all members may realize there is a search function on this furom as the search function is some what small and hidden up in the top.

My suggestion is if the need for you all to say search before you post a Q is so important to you all, then maybe there should be a auto response before hand to posting a topic that would ask, would you like to search this topic before you post it which would IMO be more polite then a memner who says " why didnt you search the forum and not waste lur time asking the same Q "

I will say I am sorry if this topic left many here sensitive about the suggestion to be nicer, but I wont say I am sorry for saying what needed to be said in this post !

also when I use caps, its not to scream but to make that part stand out so please dont take the caps as me screaming

Last edited by 5005; 06-21-2014 at 07:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5005 For This Useful Post:
Wynne G Oldman (06-21-2014)
post #25 of 33 Old 06-21-2014, 07:26 AM

Thanked 1,538 Times in 790 Posts
Well said Billy. The world would be a nicer place if we were all treated each other with a bit more respect. I'm guilty of being a bit "brusque" myself sometimes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wynne G Oldman For This Useful Post:
5005 (06-21-2014), lewiCBR250R (07-02-2014)
post #26 of 33 Old 06-21-2014, 09:54 AM
Banned

post #27 of 33 Old 06-21-2014, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalap View Post

you know if it said free A-TECH Aero Screen for honda cbr250r, I might be tempted to walk in lol
The Following User Says Thank You to 5005 For This Useful Post:
Dalap (06-22-2014)
post #28 of 33 Old 07-04-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapb1071 View Post
dalap has nothing to do with my post and again it was a simple suggestion to all to be nicer on here, nothing more and nothing less, you have all read more into this then there is! I din't think suggesting to be nicer would outrage so many and make many think there is a conspiracy !

again it was only a suggestion to be nicer, nothing more and nothing less should be read into this, also lol I cant stress this enough, this has nothing to do with me as far as anyone upsetting me in the forum and even if i am sensitive that would be unrelated to my posy here suggesting to members try to be more polite and nicer to new members . this is about good manners !
I mean lol wow, it is simply a suggestion to be nicer as there is simply no reason to blast a member for asking a question and look I am not saying not to tell them to search but try to help them first and then if all else fails then suggest they search and if you have to say search first then at least say it in a nice way.. LOL I don't believe I am the sensitive one here in this post, I would say it is the ones who found this post and go off about it as the ones who are sensitive lol
who would had thought suggesting to members to be nicer to other members would get so politica and blasted full of speculations . good thing I didnt suggest no one give their used unused parts away lol
as for am I sensitive, I can be if something was said to me that is uncalled , but I have never been attacked in this forum so this is NOT ABOUT ME PEOPLE LOL, but I do hate to see and read posts where members are unkind to one another, so I did make this post to suggest to all members be nice to each other AND THAT EVEN GO BEYOND THE Q AND SEARCH POINT I MADE. If I think something could be better than I am the type who will speak up for others but raley do I speak up for myself....
I will say I am sorry if this topic left many here sensitive about the suggestion to be nicer, but I wont say I am sorry for saying what needed to be said in this post !
...if...you...say...nice...one...more...time... ...
post #29 of 33 Old 07-04-2014, 09:16 AM

Thanked 1,538 Times in 790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thump View Post
...if...you...say...nice...one...more...time... ...
Ha ha, nice one.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wynne G Oldman For This Useful Post:
Thump (07-04-2014)
post #30 of 33 Old 07-06-2014, 01:44 PM

To the OP.....

EFF nice. Motorcyclists aren't nice. We don't want to be nice. ESPECIALLY to some Gee Dee rube who can't use a search function. We can't help it they have the 'search mentality' of an effin tomato. They're dumbasses. Why should we be nice to them? We've got more important stuff to do than to hold some effin hayseeds hand and help them find some info on how to peel a sticker off their bike or some crap like that.

We want to talk about bikes and racing and beer and chicks (wimmin, not the animal) and stuff. Why do we have to waste our time trying to help some gooberhead figure out how to mount a saddlebag (which by the way, those go on Harleys not sportbikes) when they can't even turn a Gee Dee wrench? I mean what the eff? What's next, do we have to help some rubarb figure out how to get his gas cap off? EFF THAT! EFF BEING NICE!

Eff being nice.

Eff it.

Last edited by Metalhead; 07-06-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page