Remember me function doesn't work anymore for me - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-07-2018, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Remember me function doesn't work anymore for me

I've recently deleted my browser history for the first time in ages and when I log into CBR250.net now I get automatically logged out again when closing my browser even though I check the "remember me" box.
I'm using Firefox 61.0.1 (64 bit) and the option to accept cookies is checked. I never had that issue before. Does anybody have any ideas about this (apart from changing the browser as that isn't gonna happen)?

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-07-2018, 06:44 PM

This won't help, but I had the same problem with Firefox. When they debuted their new version I didn't like it much and thought it was a real resource hog, so I switched to Google Chrome. Never had the problem again and my rig is running a lot faster without so many Firefox apps running in the background. Freed up a lot of disk space dumping Firefox too.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-08-2018, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

What's bothering me the most is that it worked perfectly fine until I deleted my browser cache. It's just as if it doesn't accept the cookie anymore all of a sudden and it's only on this site. o_O

post #4 of 7 Old 07-08-2018, 10:26 AM

Sounds like a problem that might be able to be corrected by changing your settings in Firefox. When I upgraded to the newest version of Firefox it played havoc with my old settings, wiping out many of my preferences, which is one of the reasons I got rid of it.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...te-preferences
post #5 of 7 Old 07-08-2018, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Sounds like a problem that might be able to be corrected by changing your settings in Firefox. When I upgraded to the newest version of Firefox it played havoc with my old settings, wiping out many of my preferences, which is one of the reasons I got rid of it.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...te-preferences
I'm afraid not. Firefox is set to accept cookies and does so without problems on all other websites. It's just here where it doesn't work.

Oh well, it's annoying but not a big deal.

post #6 of 7 Old 07-08-2018, 10:54 AM

If it's not Firefox and you can't find a relevant setting in this site's "user CP" options, it might be worth contacting CBR250.net's administrators in a PM to see if they might have a solution.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-17-2018, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

It seems to be fixed now. I had Spybot Search and Destroy clean my system and now everything works fine again. o_O

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page