How Do I Cancel My Recurring Subscription? - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 Old 07-08-2015, 12:38 PM

I also need to remove the automatic recurring deduction from my credit card. I signed up for FREE membership, but didn't get feedback that it was successful.

How do I email an administrator? This is not as easy as it should be.

Thanks.

2013 Black CBR250R ABS "Little Raven" - gone but not forgotten.
2007 Black Moto Guzzi Breva 750 "Karla"
Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 Old 07-08-2015, 01:27 PM

I did a premium just to get rid of the sidebar . Used paypal and then immediately went to paypal account and cancelled the recurring authorization so that they can't charge next year. If I decide I want no sidebar ads next year I'll renew myself. Having been through this crap before on another site, I can tell you that in that case I used a credit card. I called the CC company, told them the situation, they cancelled the card, issued a new one, and had to do something like is done with a stolen card to prevent preauthorized subscriptions from being accepted on the new card. I then had to individually reauthorize things like my cable and power bills.

-Eric
Current stable: '72 GT750, '74 GT750x2, '75 GT750, '82 MB-5, '85 CMX250CD, '12 CBR250R, '14 Spyder RT-S
post #13 of 27 Old 07-08-2015, 02:22 PM

I don't remember how I did it, but it was through my control panel somehow.
It was not readily apparent, and it SHOULD be.

Just one more reason I hate these corporate forums, with their unending advertisements.

The BMW forum I am on daily is privately owned, financial contributions ONLY, and is spam and ad free.

Like Wikipedia, I use it so much, I am happy to contribute every year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(no affilliation)

post #14 of 27 Old 07-08-2015, 04:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokerider View Post
I did a premium just to get rid of the sidebar .
Are you talking about the ads?

If so, People should know about the addon for browsers called AdBlock. Its free. If anything we should be paying that guy. He is a dad doing it on free time and it blocks ads on all pages. Even stuff from Youtube and all that. Even blocks my ads from watching TV on Comcast Online On Demand.

If you pay to get rid of ads, just get AdBlock. lol
don'tpanic likes this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrethul For This Useful Post:
don'tpanic (07-09-2015)
post #15 of 27 Old 07-09-2015, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrethul View Post
Are you talking about the ads?

If so, People should know about the addon for browsers called AdBlock. Its free. If anything we should be paying that guy. He is a dad doing it on free time and it blocks ads on all pages. Even stuff from Youtube and all that. Even blocks my ads from watching TV on Comcast Online On Demand.

If you pay to get rid of ads, just get AdBlock. lol
S.O.B.! It works! Like magic! I sent him $5 (I'm broke, or it would have been more).

(no affilliation)
post #16 of 27 Old 07-09-2015, 10:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by don'tpanic View Post
S.O.B.! It works! Like magic! I sent him $5 (I'm broke, or it would have been more).
Ha. I can't live without adblock. I honestly forgot what ads look like its been so long.
Some pages I see little blank areas, and im like oh yeah that's where those ads should be!

post #17 of 27 Old 07-09-2015, 03:55 PM

I had to contact the administrator when I first started because my account wasn't fully activated. They got back to me the same day. I used a link from the welcome email in my forum inbox.

Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums - Contact Us
post #18 of 27 Old 07-10-2015, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

The Administrator was very helpful and prompt in addressing the problem I had in my original post.
(As have been Moto Mike and all the other mods here.)
I suspect the "paid" option only was probably due to the browser I was using when I first joined and not the fault of the site.
Not sure how I contacted the Administrator at the time, but you can access a link to him here:

Forums> Honda CBR250 Forums> View Forum Leaders (at bottom of page)
The Following User Says Thank You to TrueFaith For This Useful Post:
MotoMike (07-23-2015)
post #19 of 27 Old 07-10-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrethul View Post
Ha. I can't live without adblock. I honestly forgot what ads look like its been so long.
Some pages I see little blank areas, and im like oh yeah that's where those ads should be!
I wonder if I could get away with installing that here at work!

(no affilliation)
post #20 of 27 Old 07-23-2015, 10:39 AM

I've been trying to get [email protected] to respond to my email requests to refund the $15 removal of funds via Paypal for the Premium membership no longer wanted. It took me longer to figure out how to cancel the auto-renewal.

The big issue for me is the ONE DAY notice of auto-renewal, which is way too short for such a system. Yesterday I received an auto-renewal notice for my motorcycle insurance, some TWO WEEKS ahead of the due date. That's more how it should be.

The other issue was that last year I canceled the auto-renewal when I got billed twice. Well, it turned out that the auto-renewal from 2013 was still in effect.

The act of canceling the auto-renewal is buried deep within the Paypal account, too deep for what it is.

$15 is not much in the grand scheme of things, so it is the principle here that chaffs my hide. If I get the CB500X I've been looking at, it is doubtful I would support any forum with this type of auto-renewal system.

2013 Black CBR250R ABS "Little Raven" - gone but not forgotten.
2007 Black Moto Guzzi Breva 750 "Karla"
Ride carefully - You are invisible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page