Forum Rules... are they posted? - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 02-08-2015, 10:00 PM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 832 Posts
The Following User Says Thank You to shisoshin For This Useful Post:
don'tpanic (02-09-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 Old 02-09-2015, 10:48 PM

Thanked 1,465 Times in 802 Posts
Garage
After reading through these posts I see there are some concerns regarding this forum and some moderation. The lack of forum rules is definitely a good point and this is being addressed.

I also agree that as mods, we can take a step back at times when a discussion is free flowing in the Off Topic forum. As well, some posts are directed into a more appropriate forum but this is not done to annoy members or interfere.

I would like to suggest that if any member has a question or beef, please pm the moderator and address it privately. As voluntary moderators, we try our best to keep this forum moving forward and informative for all, while keeping in mind the plethora of personalities. Agreeably, sometimes we may not express ourselves clearly. As a girl, I am VERY AWARE I confuse people at times lol Please know that this forum has a good group of mods that care, so everyone can visit here comfortably. We attract members from different walks of life and ages which does affect the moderation. MM in particular spends countless hours maintaining our forum. We wish to show respect to all members and their sensibilities.

All in all we have a great community here. We value the vast experience you guys contribute. If you have any issues always feel free to pm any of us and I guarantee we will do the best we can to help you. Sometimes we are limited and must await on admin though.

"WHAT'S NORMAL ANYWAYS" Forrest Gump

Honda cbr500r current ride
Honda cbr250r (Sumiko
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sold)
Honda cbf1000 (sold)
HD Sportster (sold the thing, hated it)
2007 Dyson Vacuum Cleaner (and no, it has not lost suction
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

Last edited by live_to_ride; 02-09-2015 at 11:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to live_to_ride For This Useful Post:
shisoshin (02-10-2015)
post #13 of 21 Old 02-09-2015, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrethul View Post
... Not gonna quote you all, but gonna sorta make a reply towards you all. I do think a ban warning was a little excessive for it, but it happened this way..
I wrote the post, and then went and did some stuff and came back to notice my post was not complete. I figured that I didn't finish editing it and hit confirm, and I go and edit it again to realize there was a note on the edit from MM saying something like "unnecessary comment". I was like, WTH and so I erased my edit, and put at the end of my post.
So yeah, I did edit it again after he edited it once, but like wth all I said was how he was lazy for not looking himself and asking us what had to be done.

Anyways... This was the exact post I got this warning (Or threat, whatever you wanna call it) for.

Post was then deleted and after this is what MM wanted to say.
Now, I can understand that lazy is somewhat of an insult depending on how you use it, but like.. Look at this warning (threat).

And remind you, This was my first "warning" I've got.
Just for the record, and so that other members can hear the other side of the story, the reason you received a warning/infraction was not for your original "lazy" comment in the thread in question, but rather you got the warning because of the fact that you went back into that post and edited it (after I had removed the original 'lazy' comment), for no apparent reason other than to leave yet another smart assed comment directed to me.

In fact, yours wasn't the only post that I edited or deleted in that New Member Intro thread... however the other member who's post I deleted obviously didn't see the need to lash back with a another comment, and as such didn't receive a warning. You, on the other hand, did.

I think that a lot of leeway is given with regards to the off hand/off color comments posted on these forums, however I don't think that when someone new joins the site they need to be told that they are being lazy in their very first post just because they asked a question that may have been asked dozens of times before. If you can't be a little more civil to new members, perhaps it would be a good idea to refrain from posting replies in the New Member Intro forum.

In the future, if you see that your post has been edited by a Moderator for content, you would do well to note the reason why and just simply move on. Going back into the post and making further smart ass comments won't get you anywhere (other than perhaps another warning/infraction).

As live_to_ride said, if you (or for that matter, any member) have a problem or issue with what a Moderator does, send a PM. Or in this particular case Arrethul, you could have replied to the PM you received. Obviously you chose not to reply to the PM, and decided instead that you would take the issue up here in an open forum to call me out once more.

Not too cool Arrethul... not cool at all.

Last edited by MotoMike; 02-10-2015 at 10:56 PM. Reason: additional comment

post #14 of 21 Old 02-10-2015, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,940 Posts
Forum Rules (which were from another Verticalscope forum website and adapted for use here) are now posted as stickies in both the New Member Introduction forum and the General Discussion forum.
post #15 of 21 Old 02-10-2015, 09:44 PM

Why can't we all just play nice? Don't hold grudges from thread to thread; it helps keep drama down in other parts of the forum.

Thanks for clearly posting rules in multiple locations Mike. Hopefully that along with the other stickies will be beneficial for new users.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
The Following User Says Thank You to cbrlocal For This Useful Post:
MotoMike (02-10-2015)
post #16 of 21 Old 02-10-2015, 10:29 PM

quotes of the week;

'as a girl, i am VERY AWARE that i confuse people at times lol'..
[and yet;] 'a plethora of personalities'..
'smart ass comments'..
'dont hold grudges'..
'you'll wish that summer
could always be here'..
live_to_ride (02-11-2015)
post #17 of 21 Old 02-10-2015, 10:46 PM

Garage
Ok, you're confusing me Shis........

Honda cbr250r (Sumiko
sold)
Honda cbf1000 (sold)
)
post #18 of 21 Old 02-10-2015, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shisoshin View Post
quotes of the week;

'as a girl, i am VERY AWARE that i confuse people at times lol'..
[and yet;] 'a plethora of personalities'..
'smart ass comments'..
'dont hold grudges'..
'you'll wish that summer
could always be here'..

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
post #19 of 21 Old 02-11-2015, 01:32 AM

ltr - your perceptive intercession [especially, 'plethora of personalities']
just tickled my fancy,, so as a backhanded compliment
used the 'quote' device.. with a few other concepts
sprouting from his thread, to balance things out a bit..

[final quote from 'lazy sunday afternoon' nat king cole video]
live_to_ride (02-11-2015)
post #20 of 21 Old 02-11-2015, 01:50 AM

Garage
Why, thank you my Sensai. I value your kind words .......and you of course. ( goes without saying)

Honda cbr250r (Sumiko
sold)
Honda cbf1000 (sold)
)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page