Forum Rules... are they posted? - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 02-07-2015, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Forum Rules... are they posted?

So, After thinking about it for a bit.. I got a ban warning from MM for calling someone "lazy" for not looking into their manual to see when service is due. Yeah, the topic where the guy was just like "What do i do at X amount of miles?" Like that is a question that cannot be easily found on their own, so I laid down the "Lazy" card.

Now I know what being rude is, and calling someone lazy isn't really rude, but more pointing out the fact that they are lazy and can't do a small task on their own. I've heard peoples bosses call them lazy and no one freaked out like MM does over it. Should they sue the boss for insulting them?

So I've seen people call other people lazy multiple of times on the forums, and never heard of it being against the forum rules. I guess you could consider it an insult, but the way I used it was like "Dude don't be lazy and look in the manual" And provided a link of the manual along with my "insult".

Yeah I'm baked right now and its 6:30 AM, but it had me thinking.. Where are the forum rules?
https://www.cbr250.net/forum/honda-cb...ease-read.html

That is somewhat forum rules, but I could not find an actual page of forum rules. Usually a forum will have them easy to find on the top bar, but I seem to be blind.

So, I am going to be lazy and ask you guys where the forum rules are if I can get a link to them.

Thanks in advance for the link to forum rules.

PS: If that was considered an insult, I'm so gonna be clicking report on a ton of posts that I find insulting.
PSS: I'm gonna laugh my ass off if the rules are in front of my face. I looked for at least 10 minutes.
PSSS: Ofc I did a search, and came up with https://www.cbr250.net/forum/gtsearch...=995j129933j10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Arrethul; 02-07-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 02-07-2015, 01:09 PM

I just say things as they come within reason. Usually if my posts are considered to "cross the line" by the powers that be, they usually end up deleted and I think nothing of it. Sometimes I think it's a bit ridiculous, sometimes maybe it's justified.

I think a ban warning just for dropping the lazy card is a bit excessive. Hell, people have done much worse than that (harassment and blatant purposeful trolling dangerous advice) without so much as a slap on the wrist. The pillocks seem to take forever to get banned here, while one insignificant statement can become hypersensitive. Whenever someone hassles me in person over a remark, I simply direct them to watch A Dose of Buckley on Youtube.

Sometimes I take a break from the forum to remind me that it is just a forum, and there's no reason I should let my blood pressure rise any further than it already has. Forum rules aren't always clear cut, as there is always the human component.

Don't sweat it in my opinion. But no one listens to it anyway.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
post #3 of 21 Old 02-07-2015, 05:54 PM

Thanked 1,328 Times in 832 Posts
no booklet with my almost new cbr250r
so visited this site for basic info..

members friendly and helpful, with good advice
on recommended petrol octane, oil viscosity,
startup routine, ecu/fi considerations [etc]..

no-one suggested i was being 'lazy'..
yet,, even if someone had, it would have been
water off a ducks back.. open inet site..

as a mod [martial arts site] i can tell you that
some people do take offense at perceived
negative descriptions of their attitudes etc..

it doesnt take much to set some people off..
that someone takes offense to 'lazy' either
as the subject of it or its user, demonstrates
some underlying sensitivity to the word/idea..

[even] spelling of 'brake/break', sidetracks threads..

its just a word, text, but peoples sensitivities are real..
so [imo] take mod responses to words as just that,,
not like [say] a smartarse teacher to a student..

post #4 of 21 Old 02-07-2015, 08:38 PM

I suspect even MotoMike may be human, and have the occasional bad day.
I REALLY value his presence here, and it seems every time I come in here, his green light is on.

I have begun to ignore brake/break, but there are still some subliminal hairs raising on the back of my neck. I'll NEVER mention it in a reply, again. Growth & change.
post #5 of 21 Old 02-08-2015, 04:17 AM

Garage
I have been thinking for a while that the moderation on this site is a rather more heavy-handed than on other forums I use. It's difficult to knock someone who gives up their time to do (presumably) unpaid work here but I've found the restrictions and reactions to threads going off topic quite frustrating. Technical threads, yes, keep them on topic so they can become a future resource. But non-bike threads are like bar talk with your friends, conversations that evolve as they progress and allow members to see each others as individuals rather than just CBR250R owners and in my opinion should be allowed to run their course as long as there's no rudeness or insulting behaviour.

Last edited by Keith; 02-08-2015 at 04:20 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Keith For This Useful Post:
shisoshin (02-08-2015)
post #6 of 21 Old 02-08-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I have been thinking for a while that the moderation on this site is a rather more heavy-handed than on other forums I use. It's difficult to knock someone who gives up their time to do (presumably) unpaid work here but I've found the restrictions and reactions to threads going off topic quite frustrating. Technical threads, yes, keep them on topic so they can become a future resource. But non-bike threads are like bar talk with your friends, conversations that evolve as they progress and allow members to see each others as individuals rather than just CBR250R owners and in my opinion should be allowed to run their course as long as there's no rudeness or insulting behaviour.
I agree with that.

My computer is fighting Aids and Cancer in it's idle time, and yours?

post #7 of 21 Old 02-08-2015, 09:00 AM

I'm too lazy to dig my owners manual out from under my seat when I need it so I have mongoose's maintenance schedule bookmarked. IMO it should be a sticky on the service and maintenance forum.

QUOTE=Mongoose;4255]Here is a maintenance schedule I made up on Excel. Easier to read and follow than the manual.
[IMG][/IMG][/QUOTE]

The grass is always greener . . .

Last edited by gyrotumbler; 02-08-2015 at 02:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to gyrotumbler For This Useful Post:
Arrethul (02-08-2015)
post #8 of 21 Old 02-08-2015, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrotumbler View Post
I'm too lazy to dig my owners manual out from under my seat when I need it so I have mongoose's maintenance schedule bookmarked. IMO it should be a sticky on the service and maintenance forum.
This is very nice! Wonder if he put the Excel doc anywhere, if we added km it would be complete since this is an international forum. It should be stickied somewhere though!

~

Alright on topic.. I actually didn't expect many replies here, just expected to find a link to the rules and a STFU. But oddly enough, no one else had the link handy?

Not gonna quote you all, but gonna sorta make a reply towards you all. I do think a ban warning was a little excessive for it, but it happened this way..
I wrote the post, and then went and did some stuff and came back to notice my post was not complete. I figured that I didn't finish editing it and hit confirm, and I go and edit it again to realize there was a note on the edit from MM saying something like "unnecessary comment". I was like, WTH and so I erased my edit, and put
Quote:
(So apparently calling someone lazy and saying we have to do all the work for lazy people is an "unnecessary comment". If I recall, MotoMike has called people lazy himself. )
at the end of my post.
So yeah, I did edit it again after he edited it once, but like wth all I said was how he was lazy for not looking himself and asking us what had to be done.

Anyways... This was the exact post I got this warning (Or threat, whatever you wanna call it) for.
Quote:
Did one of these come with your bike?

http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...032KYJE000.pdf

If not, read there it'll tell you.

(So apparently calling someone lazy and saying we have to do all the work for lazy people is an "unnecessary comment". If I recall, MotoMike has called people lazy himself. )

Post was then deleted and after this is what MM wanted to say.
Now, I can understand that lazy is somewhat of an insult depending on how you use it, but like.. Look at this warning (threat).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike
Dear Arrethul,

You have received a warning at Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums.

Reason:
-------
Insulted Other Member(s)

Keep it up Arrethul, and I'll put you on post moderation for 90 days (meaning I or one of the other moderators will need to approve all of your posts before the general membership can see them)... and that would be after a 7 day vacation/ban.

If you think I'm joking, just try me.

~ Mike
-------

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules (SAY WHAT?!?! They should be hotlinked in this warning, am I right? ) , which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

And remind you, This was my first "warning" I've got.

Anyways, I really don't care about it, I just wanted to know where the rule page was so I can follow these rules without being threatened by an angry guy that thinks these forums need to be monitored like a hawk over little tiny things. I can understand someone totally being a douche and insulting, but lazy? Come'on. How thin of skin do we have on these forums?

So, My question still stands of where the rules are for the forums.

The break/brake thing never really bothered me too much, I just have fun laughing when people do it.

Last edited by Arrethul; 02-08-2015 at 11:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arrethul For This Useful Post:
don'tpanic (02-08-2015)
post #9 of 21 Old 02-08-2015, 03:36 PM

Forum rules

Originally posted by ARRETHUL

So, My question still stands of where the rules are for the forums?

To find the forum rules I had to log out

click on the home page

Read welcome to forum paragraph, click on REGISTER

Click type of member wanted and the rules will pop up.

There is probably an easier way somewhere

The grass is always greener . . .

Last edited by gyrotumbler; 02-08-2015 at 05:13 PM.
post #10 of 21 Old 02-08-2015, 07:02 PM

I agree with you, Arrethul, I haven't been in a room full of so many rules since primary school.
A sad commentary on society today.

You can be quick to criticize, though, like the time I accidently misplaced the OP's location in Southern California. A nice "oops, mate" would have sufficed.

My favorite airhead BMW forum thrives on thread degradation and poking fun, which we alert all newcomers to in their first post or two. We still get help to people, however.
And each forum section has it's own set of rules plainly displayed on the home page. You don't have to go anywhere to find them. Just read them, unless you are too lazy, of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page