Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/)
-   Verticalscope Forum Support / Help (CBR250.net) (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/verticalscope-forum-support-help-cbr250-net/)
-   -   Goodbye (https://www.cbr250.net/forum/verticalscope-forum-support-help-cbr250-net/64610-goodbye.html)

don'tpanic 04-22-2017 02:01 PM

Goodbye

It's too bad the infrastructure of this forum software is failing. It is getting too frustrating to post a simple entry! Giving up.

TestBacon 04-22-2017 02:08 PM

Wat

Keith 04-22-2017 02:43 PM

Works OK for me.

jsonder 04-22-2017 06:01 PM

Testing ...

The attachment is from my garage

OK attaching the picture didn't work, try this

http://imgur.com/a/dwh0y

OK at least the link worked.

All eight valves measured at or slightly below the minimum clearance. I was doing the clearance check at 15K miles, 1 K before the schedule calls for it to be done.

Now for the tale of woe about a missing micrometer that I took to Montana with the reloading gear and a couple of rifles for the oldest boy. Two of the eight valve shims are illegible. A replacement micrometer is due in Monday. I want to get Honda shims so if my dealership doesn't have all of them I'll order on-line once they are all measured.

Schroeder 04-22-2017 06:03 PM

I don't get it, I never had an issue posting here. o_O

jsonder 04-22-2017 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I figured out the problem. The window that you use for photo uploads does not open wide enough to show an upload button in the lower right hand corner of the image list box.

If you don't make the window much bigger (I'm using Chrome) you don't see the button and if the button is not clicked, there will be no picture.

jsonder 04-22-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schroeder (Post 657722)
I don't get it, I never had an issue posting here. o_O

Some of us are less computer literate, I suspect.

>:)

At least I can use old age as an excuse, now that I'm 75.

shisoshin 04-22-2017 08:17 PM

this response is via the green 'reply' box as usual 'quick response' large box now doesnt work [admin via kiwi reckon my cookies need clearing etc].. reckon its worthwhile responding tho regardless of how the cookie crumbles..

jsonder 04-22-2017 09:14 PM

Testing the quick reply in the USA 40 miles north of Mexico.....

Comment

It seems to work here, shisoshin

TrippplePPP 04-22-2017 10:50 PM

I agree with the OP. This site is very hard to use. I am a member at multiple forums and this one is challenging to post. It takes forever to load and resets all the time. I don't use the site much due to this oddness. It hinders the ease of use.

don'tpanic 04-23-2017 10:57 AM

specifically - I can only post photos from an external server (PIA).

I show that I have 1 Notification pending, but every time I click on it, it says that there is nothing there.

And I try and post in the forum complaint dept., and couldn't even POST!

And I click on Post Quick Reply, and nothing happens! I doubt any of you will even see this.

(that was Quick Reply. Lets see if Advanced will let me post this.)

And advanced does, but I should not have to go here.

Schroeder 04-23-2017 11:36 AM

Well, I can see your post and the board works fine for me so far most of the time (I sometimes can't edit my posts and will only get a blank box without my text to edit). makes me wonder why. Maybe it's because I'm in a different time zone and there might be less traffic on the server when I'm online.:confused:

kiwi rider 04-23-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by don'tpanic (Post 657826)
specifically - I can only post photos from an external server (PIA).

I show that I have 1 Notification pending, but every time I click on it, it says that there is nothing there.

And I try and post in the forum complaint dept., and couldn't even POST!

And I click on Post Quick Reply, and nothing happens! I doubt any of you will even see this.

(that was Quick Reply. Lets see if Advanced will let me post this.)

And advanced does, but I should not have to go here.

Same, but I can on the 300 site. Odd. I wondered if it was because I'm a subscribed 'premium' member on the 300 site and not here. Also on this site it is so slow to do anything, but again I think it is because of the subscription that blocks all the pop up advertising for me on the 300 site and makes it snappier.

shisoshin 04-23-2017 07:33 PM

using small 'reply' box, this failure of 'quick reply' large box has been a faily recent event,, also attempts to use 'like' have no effect.. just tried cbr300r site, same, nothing with 'quick reply' works using 'reply',, also 'like' no response..

don'tpanic 04-24-2017 02:02 AM

Notification link redirects to Subscriptions. My notifications are up to 2, now, but I cannot access them.

And I am going to try and POST QUICK REPLY, but I doubt it will work (Google Chrome/Win10). I will have to GO ADVANCED to make this post.

As I suspected, the quick reply just sat there doing nothing. Had to come to advanced.

Administrator 04-24-2017 10:42 AM

test

Edit:

Hey gang,

I tried the quick reply using Chrome on Windows 10 as well and I am not running into any of these issues.
When you attempt to post using the quick reply, what exactly happens? Does the screen reload as if the post has been sent, but nothing shows up?Or does nothing load?
Everyone who is running into the above issues listed, what browsers are you using?

As for the notification redirecting to Subscriptions, where on the site are you clicking the Notification link?

Richard.

don'tpanic 04-24-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator (Post 657922)
test

Edit:

Hey gang,

I tried the quick reply using Chrome on Windows 10 as well and I am not running into any of these issues.
When you attempt to post using the quick reply, what exactly happens? Does the screen reload as if the post has been sent, but nothing shows up?Or does nothing load?

I push the "submit reply" button, but it is as if I never pushed it. No wheel going round and round, nothing.

Quote:

Everyone who is running into the above issues listed, what browsers are you using?

As for the notification redirecting to Subscriptions, where on the site are you clicking the Notification link?

Richard.

Normally, I enter the site on the Active Topics section.
I just tried it (Notification link) on every tab at the top of the page, and they all redirected to Subscriptions.

don'tpanic 04-24-2017 01:53 PM

Well, here I am, on IE (ugh - I feel like I am in MalWart), and everything works, albeit not smooth at all. I must have an extension on Chrome that the site does not like. Poo. Everywhere else I go, everything works.

Let's see what happens when I hit Quick Reply.

don'tpanic 04-24-2017 01:58 PM

Quick Reply worked on IE.

Now I am back in my comfort zone - Chrome. No go.

I just turned off Adblock for this site. Not yet. It may need to recycle.

don'tpanic 04-24-2017 02:00 PM

test

edit: bingo! Look at all those ads, would you? No wait! DON'T look at those ads. That is just what they want you to do.

Resist capitalism.

cbrlocal 04-24-2017 03:25 PM

I have noticed the site appearing quite strange after updating my adblock lists in my chrome extensions. I can still post, but it does make the site look strange and feel like it was constructed by a monkey with a laptop. Much like your case, my quick reply doesn't work anymore either. Not sure which list did it, but it's got to be one of the annoyance lists in my superblock extension. I also lost the controls in the message center of "advanced reply".

don'tpanic 04-24-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrlocal (Post 657986)
I also lost the controls in the message center of "advanced reply".

Ditto that.

Keith 04-24-2017 05:59 PM

I'm running Chrome and my only grumbles are that the volume of ads slows the login for me and that all the Motorcycle.com posts are closed to replies. Sometimes I'd like to comment on what they post. Why not?

don'tpanic 04-24-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 658002)
I'm running Chrome and my only grumbles are that the volume of ads slows the login for me and that all the Motorcycle.com posts are closed to replies. Sometimes I'd like to comment on what they post. Why not?

I am at work now, I use Chrome on my Windows PC for personal browsing here.]
I see that adblock is still active here. We will see if I can quickie post.

Keith, I don't know if I am doing it wrong, but I have the box "remember me" checked, so I am automatically logged on when I come to the site. I assume I don't look like I am online when I am not here. I've never had an issue with logging on.

edit: and quick post works here at work, even with adblock turned on.

Administrator 04-25-2017 10:57 AM

Hey folks,

We're investigating an issue that has come up recently. It seems that some ad + script blockers are blocking important scripts which relate to posting icons, seeing avatars, ect.

If you are using any of these programs please disable them and test again, or tweak the settings for this site to see if you can get them to reappear

Let us know if it works after this.

- JB