Announcement - Photobucket images no longer working - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 07-13-2017, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Announcement - Photobucket images no longer working

Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use http://photobucket.com/terms

Thank you

Community Support

If you need Admin assistance please post here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-14-2017, 11:09 AM

I would recommend using Imgur, the simple image sharer. (I'm not endorsed by them at all) I've used them for 5 years now and it's super simple to create a profile, upload images or video, share them, create albums, edit photos, and etc.!

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

just my 2 cents!
Stichill likes this.

2012 CBR250R Naked Orange
post #3 of 12 Old 07-14-2017, 12:59 PM

Garage
imgur works for me; I've shifted key stuff there and closed my photobucket account after deleting everything.

From imgur:

TrueFaith and RevIt like this.

John: '09CRF230L (Li'l Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Propelled by Penguin Power
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster
1st bike: a gently used 1958 Matchless 250 thumper

post #4 of 12 Old 07-14-2017, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

There is an issue with Imgur as their Terms of Service state:

Quote:
Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network.
If you are looking to post images here, using the on site uploader is the safest bet.

- JB
post #5 of 12 Old 07-15-2017, 01:15 PM

I'm amazed that Photobucket would make such a move with so little notice (they did email me the day before, but that was it.)
Being notified that 3rd part hosting of my images would now cost me $400 per year really struck me as an attempt to hold my pictures "hostage" until I ponied up $39 a month.
I'm not sure why they think that this won't result in most users fleeing to sites like Imgur that still offer free 3rd party hosting, but replacing every photo you've ever posted with a "placeholder" (and in my case that involves HUNDREDS of photos since I moderate another website and have used Photobucket for years now) sure doesn't make one predisposed to accept their offer instead of finding one of the many alternatives.
LDE likes this.
post #6 of 12 Old 07-16-2017, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Thanks guys, let us know if there's any threads you need images replaced on and we'll manually go in and do it.

Niall
post #7 of 12 Old 07-17-2017, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,643 Times in 1,938 Posts
I use iPhoto from my computer to upload those photos that I choose to share... it's simple, easy, and most importantly my photo album is not "out there" on the web for any and all to see.

Former Factory Test Rider/Technician
post #8 of 12 Old 07-17-2017, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Hey guys,

You can choose what you would like to do in terms of switching over to another hosting site - just be cautious and mindful that it may only be a matter of time til they follow suit (to what Photobucket did).
The instructions provided above is a temporary fix that we can offer at the moment to help restore your images until we have a more concrete solution soon.

Moving forward, we highly recommend that you use the Attachments tool within your User CP and Photo Gallery to host your images on our site here. I've gone ahead and increased the storage space from 1 MB to 5 MB to better accommodate your pictures.

Furthermore, for Chrome users we came across an extension that will enable you to see the broken images hosted from PB. Another temp fix for now (who knows how long it'll hold up) but here it is -
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bifiaedg?hl=en <- click on that link and do the following:

Add Ext > open the added ext at the top right corner of your browser "P" > select Manage Ext > tick off the box for both Allow in Cognito and Allow access to file URLs > refresh link of affected images to see they're visible again!

If you have further questions or concerns about any of this, please let us know - we're here to help you. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
Natalie
post #9 of 12 Old 07-22-2017, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonder View Post
imgur works for me; I've shifted key stuff there and closed my photobucket account after deleting everything.

From imgur:

Is that you, jsonder?!
RevIt likes this.
post #10 of 12 Old 07-24-2017, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Cute pic! :P

Let us know if you guys need any assistance. Also, we are still waiting on a permanent fix for all this. Thank you again for your continued patience and understanding on this matter.

Cheers,
Natalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page