Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I don't really agree with this. You just needed a better sports car, I manage 18.5 mpg in town with twin turbo's or ~28 highway. And a 250 is not the ideal highway bike, I find myself wanting to make a 1 hour trip on the bike but not doing it just because it's not comfortable for that long of a trip.
Sports cars are cop magnets around these parts. Honestly, I no longer have an interest in cars anymore. I only get excited by motorcycles. I want a Suzuki 450 dirtbike so I can have fun without cops bothering me. That will be my next purchase. The pickup truck will be to haul my bikes.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
CBR great for city riding 0 to 45 . My CBR can do 46mph in 2nd gear at 10,000rpm . Most speed limits 35 to 45 mph around here. The tailgaters have to catch up to me. LOL My CBR is great for getting up to the speed limit in a short time aorund town. And i get 75+mpg doing it. My CBR isnt slow from 0 to 60.
I agree!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Many people, should I say posers, mostly want a big SS bike b/c of the looks and a pseudo perception of more street credibility... ...90% of the people that get 600cc+ bikes NEVER use even half of it's full capability. So what's the point? That's like buying a fancy $3,000 DSLR camera to use as a point and shoot camera and show off like you are a pro photographer with skills. (Which a lot of people do)...
Good analogy. I've seen lots of people do this with cameras, haha. Everyone with a photo editor that has effects filters and a DSLR thinks they're in business as "Whatever their name is Photography". I'm proud of getting the best pix I can out of my phone's camera. 80% of a good photo is lighting and content capture.

The cbr250r is a smart choice and IS fun to ride. A 600 SS bike is really only practical on the track, that's what it was designed for.
"Smart choice" being the take-home point. No one buys a Civic and wonders why it's not as fast as a Corvette. They bought the Civic for the efficiency, as many do for the CBR250R. I do understand a lot of new riders buy this bike as well, and it's a great choice for them, and for that I concur with your statement of leaving SS bikes to the track. Relatively no bottom end; all top-end high-speed HP and gearing. I also support your idea that 90% of the SS bikes sold will not see track time. Sadly, they're magnets for squids who will do well over 100mph on public roadways.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts