Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon the odometer on my CBR ticked past 1,000 miles! She's been so good to me in just 2 short months! :D I love that those first miles are behind me... I've learned so much (have far more yet to learn), but don't have near panic attacks before a ride, and look forward to thousands more miles of safe riding! :)

Hey, isn't there a club for this milestone?!? :p

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I'm not sure but....you can start one. Call it "The thousand mile bike" club. Bit of a twist on the "Mile high Club":eek:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Great idea. especially since my current odometer reading is 690 miles ;)

·
1,305 Posts
you know, i do get a kick to see the milestones pass on ....well any odometer

bout to flip 3k on my bike

i passed 1k on the off ramp of the 91 and Euclid, and 2k was in my work carpark.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Excellent. Keep that rolling.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Congrats Angela!!!! :) I just hit 925 tonight and I've got my first real group ride tomorrow. Can't believe it hasn't even been a month yet. I like your new saddlebags btw. Ride safe!!!!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Wait until you get to the 10000 miles of super smiles.:p

I remember my first 1000 miles. It's a great feeling. Keep at it!

·
Registered
83 Posts
i took a picture of my milestone ..

i confess that i did pull over to the side of the highway to take the picture .. but i was just so excited !!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Congrats! I was at 1,573 today when I filled up. Not bad for 5 weeks! LOL The wifes is around the 500 mark and she's actually out on it right now as I sadly type this from work. I'd sooooo much rather be out riding with her.

·
Registered
501 Posts
1180 miles so far. bike running great. starting to find out this bike really runs in higher rpms. Love it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Aww! I wish I got to get a pic of mine. But the guys prob would've punched me in the face for that. Lmao. I didn't realize that you are in VA Angela. What town? Do you have any idea how far from Raleigh you are? I might want to come up your way. Or maybe we could meet near the border? Plan a lil ride out. :) My goal by May of next year is to ride through all 100 counties in NC. Lol. I knocked out at least 7 today!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Oh angelaaaaaa....Hope you keep racking up the miles, because I'm closing in on ya. Had 690 on the odo when I posted yesterday. Got 874 on it now (including clicking to exactly 800 when I stopped at my favorite taco stand). You better get in a couple of rides this weekend. LOL :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
All of us noobs are in an ODO war now! Lmao! In that case PAJ, watch ya back! I just got home. I'm at 1228! ;) It's ON now! Hahahaha!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aww! I wish I got to get a pic of mine. But the guys prob would've punched me in the face for that. Lmao. I didn't realize that you are in VA Angela. What town? Do you have any idea how far from Raleigh you are? I might want to come up your way. Or maybe we could meet near the border? Plan a lil ride out. :) My goal by May of next year is to ride through all 100 counties in NC. Lol. I knocked out at least 7 today!
Jkincaid, I so wish I'd taken a pic of my odometer... I was slowly cruising(35mph zone) through the 'hub' of our rural town. Kind of nostalgic actually. ;) The place I frequent often, old high school & local businesses.

LOVE the idea of seeing each county in your home state--I may have to 'borrow' that one for Virginia. I'll get a map because I've covered 7 or 8 myself (last weekend's roadtrip helped!). Nothing like exploring in your backyard, relatively-speaking. :)

I'm west of Richmond, about 3 hrs. from Raleigh. There's a guy on the forum, Rusty Shackleford that's from Richmond. Would love to meet up for a ride. I've heard Lake Gaston is beautiful. Ideas?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Oh sh*t, you commute on your bike? I'm screwed in the odo wars, then. I live 1/2 mile from my office. All my bike time is recreational. Guess I'll just have to take some weekend-long tours to get the mileage up -- a dirty job, but I'll make the sacrifice because it's all about winning the odo war.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh sh*t, you commute on your bike? I'm screwed in the odo wars, then. I live 1/2 mile from my office. All my bike time is recreational. Guess I'll just have to take some weekend-long tours to get the mileage up -- a dirty job, but I'll make the sacrifice because it's all about winning the odo war.
I do indeed commute ~45 miles/day on my bike. :) However, I only ride it work about 2-3 days/week weather and scheduling logistics permitting. My 'recreational' riding is more limited... so it'll be too close to call to see who'll prevail! ;) See you at the 2K finish line!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts