Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just turned 10k on my bike today. Still can't believe that all this fun is paying for itself in gas savings by riding it to work everyday. Got 99 problems... bike's not one.:D

·
1,305 Posts
Just turned 10k on my bike today. Still can't believe that all this fun is paying for itself in gas savings by riding it to work everyday. Got 99 problems... bike's not one.:D

**** dude... that alot of miles in a short time.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I totally aspire to put down that kind of mileage. I bought this bike intentionally as a commuter and ride it every chance I get. Way to go! I trust it's still runnin' like a champ?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Congrats!

That's pretty much about the same mileage I put on my bikes. I've had the CBR for about 5 months now and I'm at 5k. I expect to be at 10k in another 5. I actually put over 11,000 miles on my bikes this past year. I don't drive though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very cool. I am always amazed at how few miles bikes have when I am looking at the used bike on CL. I bought a used 2006 KLX250s this year that had 600 miles! Crazy. I put 1000 more on it in a month.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I tell you, the way gas prices have climbed again, and the price of cars these days, the CBR250R pays for itself in efficiency. After experiencing a stylish $4,300 bike that gets almost 70mpg, it's hard not to put down serious miles on it.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Very cool. I am always amazed at how few miles bikes have when I am looking at the used bike on CL. I bought a used 2006 KLX250s this year that had 600 miles! Crazy. I put 1000 more on it in a month.
I'm amazed at this too.

When I see those lack of miles, I'm like, that's just a few weeks of riding. Lol.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm amazed at this too.

When I see those lack of miles, I'm like, that's just a few weeks of riding. Lol.

I agree! That's sometimes a weeks worth of riding for me. LOL

·
Registered
305 Posts
WOW. That's a LOT of miles! Good for you though. I plan to ride everywhere. Gotta save gas. And justify the purchase. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I havent touched my car for the month that ive had the CBR but I only live 2 miles from work so I havent had the chance to rack up to many miles, planning on going on a nice long ride out of town after I break it in :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Forever I have had a nice car that sat a lot. All winter for sure and then in the summer I like to bicycle and so it sat some more. I am married with 2 little ones so my wife has a little Mazda5 van.

I decided to sell my current garage queen and haven't looked back. I don't see the point with 2 cars in the family especially the way mine sat so much.

People say you can't save money riding a motorcycle but I beg to differ. No 70mpg vs 24-30 around town (unless your in a hybrid) is not going to save a lot in a year. However, I sold my car with a $250 payment and another $75 in insurance. It does indeed add up.

·
Registered
389 Posts
just hit 12K, got mine in Sep of last year.

·
Registered
206 Posts
in 2 1/2 weeks I about make my bike payment in what I save on gas. That is if I only drive it to work and back. I now have full season gear and I plan on installing heated grips so I hope to push it, intill the snow comes.:mad: In 10 years I hope to get a Ural and fix the snow issue.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Wow im impressed with the miles you guys are posting. Good for you thats what there for riding. Be safe hope you enjoy many more

1 - 16 of 16 Posts