Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode a round trip of about 75 KM yesterday and noticed on average the revs at 100 KPH where spot on 6000 is that about the same for most people?
I am 90 KG (198 LB) plus clobber.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sounds about right for me... I'll confirm exactly tomorrow...

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Yep thats about right indicated for out metric speedos.
Bit of speedo error and I dont have a gps but-

9000 is 152 indicated
9500 is 161 indicated
10,000 is 167 indicated
10,500 is 172 indicated.

What are the USA mph bikes showing at the same revs for interests sake?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Rode a round trip of about 75 KM yesterday and noticed on average the revs at 100 KPH where spot on 6000 is that about the same for most people?
I am 90 KG (198 LB) plus clobber.
Mine indicates the same Wanderer...however it has a whopping 10% speedometer error (intentional it seems). So 110 indicated (GPS verified to 100 km/h) is about 6600 rpm.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
All Vehicles have a 1-10% error in Aus.. its a good safety margin.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
60MPH is around 6500 or so RPM on mine in 6th.
66MPH is around 7000 or so RPM on mine in 6th.

Yours seems different than mine?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine indicates the same Wanderer...however it has a whopping 10% speedometer error (intentional it seems). So 110 indicated (GPS verified to 100 km/h) is about 6600 rpm.

Yes i did feel like it was a bit slower than 100... i do have a GPS on my iPhone
I should rig it up and have a look :)
Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Well, something is different then.

I guess mine has less error then?
USA bikes seem to be the only ones in the world that don't have an intentional 8% high speedo. The bizarre thing is that the rest of world bikes have speedo error but the odometers are right on. My speedo and odo were actually 1.4% low before I changed gearing. Now it is 8.5% low. And, my tach reads high by 4% compared to the scan tool read out so keep that in mind as another possible variable. I have verified that the CBR250R will match speed vs rpm exactly as predicted by gearing commander when you throw out the various errors.
Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Speed, RPM, Chain & Sprockets Calculator

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yep thats about right indicated for out metric speedos.
Bit of speedo error and I dont have a gps but-

9000 is 152 indicated
9500 is 161 indicated
10,000 is 167 indicated
10,500 is 172 indicated.

What are the USA mph bikes showing at the same revs for interests sake?
Hold the mode button till it says MPH. They use the same cluster and sensors.

It's possible the KPH measurement is just not as accurate with the number of pulses the sensor gives off. Both my S4 and my CBR are dead on 100% accurate though.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Your weight wouldn't affect it?

@sendler, that makes sense.

Didn't know the odometer was also low. That is quite interesting. Actually, I think I'm happy the speedo doesn't read too fast.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Nothing affects the speedometer accuracy accept the tire circumference and possibly if you change the sprockets (if it's measured at the transmission like I think it is)

Weight, elevation, or performance mods have 0 affect on the how the speed is measured or the relation to the RPM and the actual speed.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Hold the mode button till it says MPH. They use the same cluster and sensors.

It's possible the KPH measurement is just not as accurate with the number of pulses the sensor gives off. Both my S4 and my CBR are dead on 100% accurate though.
Yes its in the manual but wont change for me..( maybe I'm doing it wrong.)
Can you get your mph bikes to show kph? says to hold mode button.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yes its in the manual but wont change for me..( maybe I'm doing it wrong.)
Can you get your mph bikes to show kph? says to hold mode button.
Ya, I've done it on accident a couple of times when I didn't feel like looking in the manual on how to set the clock haha.

·
Registered
350 Posts
60MPH is around 6500 or so RPM on mine in 6th.
66MPH is around 7000 or so RPM on mine in 6th.

Yours seems different than mine?
etiainen, I just ran a short test (vid attached. Couldn't run too long -- that's a monitored 45mph zone). I've got a U.S. bike as well (I'm in Atlanta), and my revs/mph seem to match yours: approx. 6500rpm @ 60mph.

I'm getting in my RAM Mount today. I'll take the bike out and run the test again with the GPS, as well as the speedo, in view, tomorrow, if I can get everything hooked up by then.

Test for rpm at 60mph

1 - 20 of 38 Posts