Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a 37 year old father of two, and admitted gearhead, who's always wanted to ride. I finally couldn't pass up the opportunity when Honda Canada knocked $1500 off the CBR's MSRP for buyers at the December bike show. Paid $2999 plus dealer fees and taxes! So the dream will come true this spring, after I complete the riders training course.

My thanks to everyone on this forum for all the great information. It made my first motorcycle purchase a no-brainer. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Mine is the very first in the row.
As you can imagine, the CBR's at Brampton Powersports didn't last very long at that price.
There were seven available when I went in to complete the deal. By the time I put pen to paper, they were all gone.
They'll be storing it until spring, and then delivering to my driveway at no charge! Great service all 'round.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
^acura9927.. "GO FLAMES GO"!!! lol OP, Welcome to the forum. Awesome deal you got on this fun bike. I'm going next weekend to the bike show. Never miss it, and always excited to see what's out there. Always leave with "prezzies" for myself:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the greetings folks.

"live to ride" - I'll be at the Supershow this weekend as well. I'm still looking for boots. I can't decide if I want the full ankle protection of a TCX S-Race, or just an all around touring boot like the TCX X-Five Plus. I'll never track the bike, but part of me thinks I should buy the best protection I can afford... I guess comfort and fit will decide.

As for my gear purchases so far:
Arai Vector 2 helmet in diamond black (soo comfortable)
Icon Victory Hero leather jacket - black
Rev'it SLR gauntlet gloves - black

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrates on the new C.B.R. Have any mods planed for the new bike? Great Bike, Great Forum, ENJOY

·
Registered
131 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I've been to Brampton Power Sports a couple of times, but not the new location. You bought a great bike and a great helmet to go with it. I also have the Arai Vector 2 in (you guessed it) diamond black. However, I chose the black CBR 250r. Be careful entering and exiting Tim Horton's with your helmet. The doors can take a nasty chunk out of the paint:mad: and below the diamond black, it's white.:eek:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome. I'm new to the sport, too. And a father of 2, but I just turned 50. I got a similar deal from my dealer and bought the red one for me and the black one for my wife. The forum has been a great help to me in this new adventure. I'm holding off on buying my gear until the bike show comes to Chicago in February. Good Luck!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
250 Tom, I don't plan on any mods. 2012 is going to be all about improving my skills on the road.

CBlackR, I'm very sorry to hear about your helmet. Those Arai helmets really are works of art.

Empty Sea, nice to hear your wife supports your new ambition. My wife is terrified I'm going to kill myself.

Thanks to you all for your kind greetings.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sorry, I'm not sure.
The pricing on the 250 was based on a Honda Canada rebate being offered for people at the December bike show.
But I would not be surprised if a similar rebate is offered on Honda products at this weekend's supershow out by Pearson Airport.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts