Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just got my cbr yesterday, absolutely in love. Haven't really ever driven a bike, but picked it up like a natural. I was crusing in 4th gear turning in an hour. Anyone in West Palm Beach Florida have any tips for riding? Where's a good place to practice turning? Im taking my course in a couple weeks but Im excited to try and learn a bit before. Ive taught myself everything so far through research, but cant beat getting on the bike. Im a small girl, 5'4'' 120. Any girls got tips?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike!

there are lady biker here, you can ask them for tips :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
they say the best place to practice turns and skills would be in an empty parking lot where no traffic will be passing by,and with out the cement parking logs lol.

what do you know about turning so far?there is a thread posted about turning

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
You can learn plenty from the School of Hard Knocks. That was where I got all my "instruction", though the knocks were softened by being off road for my formative years.

Ask a lot of questions.... though in my case I never expected my father to tell me anything after he had shown me how to start the bike and put it in gear. He wasn't that kind of guy.

My suggestion would be to do some off road riding if you get the opportunity. You can learn a lot at relatively low speed on less than perfect surfaces, much of which is applicable to higher speeds. There will be spills for sure, but the surface and speeds are more forgiving than asphalt.

The more handling skills you learn off the road, the more chance you have of dealing with traffic on the road. There you don't want to be learning how to handle a bike; learning to cope with traffic is enough!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Go to YOUTube and lookup "Learning to ride a motorcycle" and other variations of this phrase. You will find tons of good videos from Vloggers.

Rudipides

1 - 5 of 5 Posts