Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are quite a few people who have managed to wire up a 12v socket to power their gps units. But is there a link, or can someone provide some pictures (I'm a very visual person) on where they have attached the power and ground lines? Something with a bit more detail than connect it to the brake light etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I know there are quite a few people who have managed to wire up a 12v socket to power their gps units. But is there a link, or can someone provide some pictures (I'm a very visual person) on where they have attached the power and ground lines? Something with a bit more detail than connect it to the brake light etc. Thanks.
a couple pics in this thread that might help..
http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-parts-accessories/2037-control-ram-mount-gps.html

most 12v sockets for motorcycles come with 2 wires only..a power and a ground with a red ring terminal and a black one on the end to connect to your battery under your seat..red is + or power and black is - or ground..just run the wire and socket up to the front of your bike..i just pushed mine thru the cracks in the faring..cant get no simpler than that..
heres a link to one of many out there...this is the one i have.but please feel free to look around
Amazon.com: EKLIPES Motorcycle, ATV, Jet Ski & Snowmobile Cell Phone and GPS Adapter: Automotive

·
Registered
168 Posts
I did the same as spdklls. Super easy, but the one i bought didn't have a way of mounting it to the bike. I know its not the best way but I use a piece of wire and crimped an eye on to the ends and used the fairing screw in the left corner where the tank meets the fairing. zero issues at all with it in 300 or so miles.

I also used a different product. I bought the port and everything separate. The port I bought had a 5 ft cord, went all the way back to the battery tray so hooking it up and unhooking it from the batter are as easy and unlocking the rear seat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts