Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Lucky kid. When I was 14 I thought it was pretty cool to be able to ride around the farm on our CT90, the trail variant of the Honda Cub. I would have liked to race in the farm bike section of the local motorcycle club at a scrambles meeting, but my parents never let that happen.

·
Registered
455 Posts
just wanna pull out the whip and beat the cbr coming out of the corners..
GO dang it GO!!!! Looks good. he has it railing

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Inspirational.

Good to see the little cbr lapping tracks all over the world.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very cool! I would love to take mine up to TWS one of these days. How do you line that up?
Check out the local track day orgs there. We like Lone Star Track Days!! You can see them all on any of the Houston sights like HPC, Motohouston, WFO, and Racers,Inc.

You can ride the CBR250R in the C Group with LSTD. All associations will require the bike to be in good working order, all mirrors, lights, blinkers, etc. must be taped up, and the rider must have track appropriate gear.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not fair. At all. I wish I had that skill. Rawrrrrr! 20 and Im already too old... :'(

·
Registered
389 Posts
What tires is he on? awesome vid.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That vest is pretty neat. Have you ever seen someone go down with one on?
No, but I have a friend that has a son that races. He highsided and the vest deployed. He said that there is not doubt that the injuries would have been significant if not life threatening, had he not been wearing it. The cool thing about the vest is that as long as the material of the bag is not compromised, it is re-usable. Replace the CO2 cartridge, button down the flaps, and away you go! Also, they make textile jackets with the same technology for street riders.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
:eek::eek:
kid is killin it !!

he gets a NBK badge for sure :cool:
(natural born killer)

he kills it on both bikes but it looks like you need more technique and skill on a 250 than a 600

don't get me wrong , im sure for him , his heart was pumping more fun in the 6 ...but it looked like he had to be smoother on the 250 , letting him think more about the lines and breaking and other track stuff :)

btw- i though Doobieguy and KOM674 had cool dads , but you sir ....

.... get DAD OF THE YEAR award !!:cool::cool:

fan request - chase view of the 250 would be nice :)
.... if he make another vid :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Street Sniper. The 250 clip was on the short track at TWS, while the 600 clip was on the long track. That is probably why it seemed that he had to be smoother on the 250, and that is a fair analysis. The short track is much tighter than the long track. He does have some work to do on both bikes, but he will get there. He loves the speed of the 600!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
the 600 these days are really well designed.
I find on the CBR on the track its kind of hard and awkward to get off the bike and get your head out. The rider working with me is trying to get me to get off the side of the bike and set up for turn and then do my braking and shifting. It is really hard for me to do on the CBR. On the 600 its not a issue. I feel more comfortable hanging off the bike and rarely center on it unless its a long straight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts