Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it's not a CBR250R, but it is a Honda and it is a 250. I just came across this sweet two-stroke NSR250R for sale when looking up the CBR and couldn't believe how nice it is. Apparently it's for sale too. Check it out:

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Now that would be a little weapon of a bike. Would hand the new CBR its arse on a plate.

The modded race models were apparently pumping out 66bhp. Bone stock you're looking at twice the HP and Mn of the new CBR. In a two stroke. Now that's fun.

·
Registered
272 Posts
That puppy would be a beast. I'd be interested as well. That would eat a 250 Ninja for lunch & probably burn more fuel too.

·
Super Moderator
6,934 Posts
I thought just the photos alone of this NSR250R are worthy enough to bring it to the top of the thread. I'm partial to the color scheme, including the white wheels. When this race bike was new, Honda didn't sell them to just anyone, you had to have a race resume with a proven track record, and a cool $20,000.00 + to put your AMA number on it. The current Moto3 bike from Honda, the NSF250R has a MSRP of $28,599.00
I believe some spares are included at that price. Even with cash in hand, I'm sure Honda would still like to see that race resume before they let you take one home.

Imagine showing up for a Track Day with an "old" NSR like this one... You'd maybe even get the track all to yourself for a few laps, so everyone could watch this two stroke rip it up!

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
That is pure sex. thanks for sharing.

I have a 1984 RZ500 that Ive owned since 1986 from a slightly earlier era.
But it will never be for sale.
I bought it with 800km on the clock (it now has only 31,000km) for less than $3000
I get calls every week to sell it.. no way, its very special to me and Ive had 40 or bikes come and go, wear out, crashed and sold in the time Ive had it.

It still sends a shrill thru my spine when I take ther cover off it even after 26-27 years later.

·
Super Moderator
6,934 Posts
That is pure sex. thanks for sharing.

I have a 1984 RZ500 that Ive owned since 1986 from a slightly earlier era.
But it will never be for sale.
I bought it with 800km on the clock (it now has only 31,000km) for less than $3000
I get calls every week to sell it.. no way, its very special to me and Ive had 40 or bikes come and go, wear out, crashed and sold in the time Ive had it.

It still sends a shrill thru my spine when I take ther cover off it even after 26-27 years later.
Your RZ is a keeper, that's for sure. Don't ever sell it, unless its to me.:) I had a '85 RZ350N, Yellow and Black, K. Roberts edition. I bought it new from the Yamaha dealership I was working for at the time. My one big regret as far as motorcycles go, was selling that RZ. Still, I put 15,000 miles on it, an experience I won't forget. Today these bikes are few and far between. The majority of them were crashed and trashed along time ago. The survivors, as you know, are worth up to 2 1/2 times what they cost new.

If you can, post up a couple pic's of your RZ, Aufitt... I'd enjoy seeing it!

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Your RZ is a keeper, that's for sure. Don't ever sell it, unless its to me.:) I had a '85 RZ350N, Yellow and Black, K. Roberts edition. I bought it new from the Yamaha dealership I was working for at the time. My one big regret as far as motorcycles go, was selling that RZ. Still, I put 15,000 miles on it, an experience I won't forget. Today these bikes are few and far between. The majority of them were crashed and trashed along time ago. The survivors, as you know, are worth up to 2 1/2 times what they cost new.

If you can, post up a couple pic's of your RZ, Aufitt... I'd enjoy seeing it!
They came out in Oz for $5990 in '84, in '85 they had dropped to $3990 to get rid of them,
I paid $2800.

Could easily get $20k for it now, and in 10 yrs it will be worth twice that again by what I've see lately.
RG500 is another thats really moving in price as is RD250LC, RZ350 and many of the roaad registerable 2 strokes.

many 500's were stripped for formula 500 speedway racing in the 80's & 90's (small open wheelers, like a mini sprintcar)
The rest killed their pilots with its horrible 16 inch front wheel (mine has 17's back and front now)
like a 60's/70's Aussie musclecar they are never going to get any cheaper. (eg a Ford Falcon 1972 GTHO is now worth a million dollarrrrzzzz 15 yrs ago you could get one for 20-50k)
I'll do pics and a thread one day but no rush. maybe in a few yrs when I freshen it up, fuel tank has rusted out so on the hunt for one.

Reactions: Lowcard

·
Super Moderator
6,934 Posts
These bikes remind me of the song "Red Barchetta" by Rush... about machines from a bygone era. Two stroke smoke in the air... gives me goose bumps. Then the drooling begins...

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
A nice earlier version for sale here in Thailand.

Honda Nsr250r Mc18 | North: Chiang Mai & Region | Motorcycles for Sale: 150 - 499cc | BahtSold.com

Rare to find these days a 1988-89 NSR250R MC18 in a custom made F111 fairing set complete with ram air and painted in OKI Endurance colors.I have completely rebuilt this bike from the frame up,two strokes are a passion of mine and I have too many of them !
The engine has had the pistons,cylinders,heads and gaskets replaced all other internals,gearbox,clutch ect ect have been checked and are in good order.We have ported the engine re jetted the carbs and de restricted her,now 60bhp,she is a very nippy little 250 and likes to be ridden !In addition to this I have fitted;
New battery
Rear sets
CDi and servo replaced
17" MC21 wheels fitted with new rubber.
Wheel bearings front and back replaced.
New brake pads front and back.
New fork seals and dust covers.
New chain ,front and rear sprockets.
She pulls hard all the way to 12000rpm and a lot of fun to ride and will only increase in value.Anyone seriously interested I have the full rebuild photo documented.I should also mention she s registered.green book.
I've seen three for sale over the past year. One for 50k, this for 68k and one for 120k!

·
Super Moderator
6,934 Posts
A nice earlier version for sale here in Thailand.
I've seen three for sale over the past year. One for 50k, this for 68k and one for 120k!
That is a nice looking NSR... In what currency are those prices?

·
Super Moderator
6,934 Posts
Thai baht.

31thb to US$1.
$2200.00 USD for that Bike? That is insanely cheap... I'm sure not so cheap to ship it to the US, get it through Custom's, pay import duties and fees. Hmmm...

Man, I would love to add one of these to my Honda fleet.

·
Super Moderator
6,934 Posts
Bumped... just because the photos in the original post are worthy of being at the top of this forum from time to time. Note the Blue/White/Red/Gold Rothmans color scheme... :cool:

This motorcycle has more than a few parts made in the HRC machine shops, from high tensile strength unobtainium... otherwise known as "The Stuff Dreams Are Made Of".

The first few posts of this thread are quite funny, though... "Ok, so it's not a CBR250R, but it is a Honda, and it is a 250..." ... well I did happen to notice that it didn't have a big fugly muffler hanging off the side.

·
Registered
628 Posts
They came out in Oz for $5990 in '84, in '85 they had dropped to $3990 to get rid of them,
I paid $2800.

Could easily get $20k for it now, and in 10 yrs it will be worth twice that again by what I've see lately.
RG500 is another thats really moving in price as is RD250LC, RZ350 and many of the roaad registerable 2 strokes.

many 500's were stripped for formula 500 speedway racing in the 80's & 90's (small open wheelers, like a mini sprintcar)
The rest killed their pilots with its horrible 16 inch front wheel (mine has 17's back and front now)
like a 60's/70's Aussie musclecar they are never going to get any cheaper. (eg a Ford Falcon 1972 GTHO is now worth a million dollarrrrzzzz 15 yrs ago you could get one for 20-50k)
I'll do pics and a thread one day but no rush. maybe in a few yrs when I freshen it up, fuel tank has rusted out so on the hunt for one.
Hey auf post a pic of that bad boy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts