Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum here...I'm currently without my CBR because it is in the shop for its 600 mile maintenance. Let me tell ya, I'm missing out on some seriously beautiful riding weather here in north Texas. I hope the mechanics over at the Honda dealer hurry up!

Hope to talk with many of you in the future. The forum has already been helpful as it helped me decide to purchase this vehicle. I gotta say that for the price, it is the most fun and economical bike. I also like the fact that there aren't many of them out there on the road. I mostly see ninjas in the 250 class. Motorcyclists have been curious wherever I pull up :)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
New to the forum here...I'm currently without my CBR because it is in the shop for its 600 mile maintenance. Let me tell ya, I'm missing out on some seriously beautiful riding weather here in north Texas. I hope the mechanics over at the Honda dealer hurry up!

Hope to talk with many of you in the future. The forum has already been helpful as it helped me decide to purchase this vehicle. I gotta say that for the price, it is the most fun and economical bike. I also like the fact that there aren't many of them out there on the road. I mostly see ninjas in the 250 class. Motorcyclists have been curious wherever I pull up :)
I took mine @ 0900 and picked it up @ 1300. $200 even.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I took mine @ 0900 and picked it up @ 1300. $200 even.
In which case they probably didn't bother to check the valve clearance, which should be done with the engine cold..... that is presuming you rode in.

Shneidewent, it sounds like you have a more diligent workshop on the job. Let them take time to do the job properly, then enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings schneidewent,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your New Black ABS cbr. More smiles to the miles in your Future.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, they asked me if I wanted to just change the oil, etc. because it would take a couple days for the valves. Nah. Lets just get it done. I don't want to have to worry about it. Also, it wouldn't start sometimes until the 4th or 5th push. I've read here on the forum that that could be a symptom of the valves being off-spec...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts