Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey friends.. got 1st service done .. 1 month , 350 kms on the odometer.

the gear shift are a lot smoother now.. but the bike struggles slightly on 1st and 2nd gear..

i mean.. on 1st gear, as the speed reaches 15kmph, there are slight vibes and the bike feels as if it doesnt want to be revved.. so i upshift to 2nd... and the same thing happens here.. at around 30 kmph , it feels very uneasy.. from there on all the gears are great..

why are there vibes on the 1st and 2nd gear.. even on low RPMs like 4 to 5k...

and i am getting just 25 kmpl... (not revving past 6k) .. only 3 or 4 times have taken to 6k+ rpm..

help !!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
The bike has idle control valve or somthing like this.
it chokes the air on the firs gear under 8k rpm and second gear under 6k rpm.
this system made to make the bike less jumpy on the first gear at low speed.
i sugssesing to warm up the engine and after some 10-15 minets riding just redline it until you hit the limiter for 2-3 seconds on some high gear let say 4th.
After this you will get much more power on the high rpm and much more torque on the lower rpm

·
Registered
167 Posts
nly 350kms prior to service 1?
I recommend atleast 600kms
ur bike need to run around 1000km to feel great.
You are shifting gears so early.
My style
1-(0-20kmph)
2-(20-30kmph)
3-(30-42kmph)
etc...
Try shifting at 4500-5000rpm to
get these speeds and its so smooth

if power shifting,get the rpm near to redline.
My baby has done 85kmph speed at 3rd gear in redline

·
Registered
323 Posts
I don't let my bike get below 4-5,000 rpm because there isn't enough power down there. Don't worry, there is nothing wrong with your mc. Just the nature of the motor. Rev that sucker!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Why on earth did you have your first service done already? did the dealer tell you that? did you happen to read the user manual under the seat?..the information I am about to write in the next sentence comes straight out of the manual but I am paraphrasing
(1st service is done around 600 miles/966 km.........your break in period is done the first 300 miles/483 km...vary rpms alot but dont redline it and dont get on the throttle wide open during the break in period)

after the break in period is over you can get on it and redline that sucker through every gear..give it full throttle anytime you want..your bike will actually appreciate you for it later...i could really feel the power getting better and better the more i got on mine....

and just as vighnesharavindakshan suggested...there is a page in that elusive user user manual that tells you exactly what speed each gear is good for

·
Registered
16 Posts
way to early for first service. I do not understand why people do not bother to read there manual. Sounds wanky to me my first and second do not exhibit any of those characteristics. This bike revs smoothly in all gears and gains power very smoothly throughout the rpm range.

·
Registered
16 Posts
the gear shifts are smoother because they adjusted your clutch cable and throttle cable which have been stretched in the first hundred or so miles so they needed a return to spec. They don't stretch much after the initial period. By doing so the clutch is fully disengaging now as opposed to partially disengaging, also the oil change they did helps the shifting smoothness some. The bike will continue to shift smoother as you put miles on it because the gears wear in.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Why on earth did you have your first service done already? did the dealer tell you that? did you happen to read the user manual under the seat?..the information I am about to write in the next sentence comes straight out of the manual but I am paraphrasing
(1st service is done around 600 miles/966 km.........your break in period is done the first 300 miles/483 km...vary rpms alot but dont redline it and dont get on the throttle wide open during the break in period)

after the break in period is over you can get on it and redline that sucker through every gear..give it full throttle anytime you want..your bike will actually appreciate you for it later...i could really feel the power getting better and better the more i got on mine....

and just as vighnesharavindakshan
......................^^^^^^^ suggested...there is a page in that elusive user user manual that tells you exactly what speed each gear is good for
Tell me you copy/pasted that rather than typing it in :D

Solid advice though. My dealer is so booked my service will be over 1000miles.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
This looks familiar. Didn't we go through this same nonsense 6 months ago.
hey friends.. got 1st service done .. 1 month , 350 kms on the odometer.

the gear shift are a lot smoother now.. but the bike struggles slightly on 1st and 2nd gear..

i mean.. on 1st gear, as the speed reaches 15kmph, there are slight vibes and the bike feels as if it doesnt want to be revved.. so i upshift to 2nd... and the same thing happens here.. at around 30 kmph , it feels very uneasy.. from there on all the gears are great..

why are there vibes on the 1st and 2nd gear.. even on low RPMs like 4 to 5k...

and i am getting just 25 kmpl... (not revving past 6k) .. only 3 or 4 times have taken to 6k+ rpm..

help !!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've taken mine to redline and wide open throttle within the first 150 - 200 miles. I like the theory of driving it like you stole it within the first miles. By doing so, you put load on the piston rings allowing the rings to seat better. In the end you get better compression, less blow by and better fuel economy. That's the theory at least and it's been proven. ;)

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

If something were to break I've got the 5 year unlimited mile warrant for an extra 1K :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts