Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2004 Dream 50!!!

Where was I in 2004? Unfortunately not interested in motorcycles, cause I would have been all over this!

I will need one of these someday, I just ordered a 1/12 scale model to build!:D:D

2004 Honda Dream 50
Model: AR02
Displacement: 49cc
Bore x Stroke: 40.0 x 39.6
Compression Ratio: 11.7:1
Max Power: 7 bhp
Carburetor: 20mm
Ignition: CD
Clutch: Wet multi-plate
Transmission: Six-speed
Overall Length: 70.5 inches
Overall Width: 24.2 inches
Overall Height: 37.2 inches
Wheelbase: 47.0 inches
Dry Weight: 156.5 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 1.6 gallons
Brakes: Single hydraulic disc front and rear
Tires
Front: 2.50 x 18
Rear: 2.50 x 18
Color: Silver

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I am new to motorcycles, but with the supposed resurgence of cafe racers, why is there no current market for something like this with say a 250cc engine? I'd buy one new if Honda would build them.

·
Registered
354 Posts
ptcary check these out.
F450 Moto
450moto.com
these are converted motocross bikes, the body work is totaly fake, just covers the moto X. Why arent these on the street, and where is the market?

A couple months ago I saw a dream 50 for sale on craigs list for 5 grand, no miles. The guy claims he uncrated it and put it in his living room. I wanted it, but it cant be registered, and for racing I would rather 250cc minimum. I dont think the dream 50 puts out factory race horsepower.

·
Registered
529 Posts
And I believe the Dream 50 has a 4-valve head (based on the specifications I've read). Pretty incredible for a 49cc displacement bike.

Mike

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I'm not skilled enough to be messing around with anything like these, but I really like the nostalgia part. I would most likely want a restorable early 70s CB cafe racer.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealership I purchased my CBR from collects old Hondas, Triumphs, and BSAs, and they even had a new Suzuki that had a cafe racer kit installed on it.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
ptcary check these out.
F450 Moto
450moto.com
these are converted motocross bikes, the body work is totaly fake, just covers the moto X. Why arent these on the street, and where is the market?
These look fantastic, but wouldn't last 5 minutes on the road. They use full race motocross engines, which would probably need rebuilding every 1000 -2000 miles or so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts